Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil pressure on my car is dead and i have an extra gauge cluster left. Can I just swap the oil pressure gauge into it? Will that work, if so what do i have to exchange with the broken one?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yes you can just swap in a working oil pressure gauge, just make sure the connections are correct.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Check and make sure it is plugged in to the oil pressure sensor in the block.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i say its the pressure sending unit

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
check the sender on the exhaust side of the block its the brass round thing by the front of the motor. my bet is that its not even hooked up

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure its the gauge but I'll check on the sending unit. thanks

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
the plug on the sending unit sucks, it gets knocked loose on my car all the time. much more likely that than the gauge.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
The help chevyeater gave me:
chevyeater said:
The easiest test for the guage and wiring is to remove the plug from the sender, turn the key on and check the guage, it should be all the way down. Then, ground the wire and check the guage again, it should be all the way up. If it works like this, replace the sender. If it doesn't work like this, either the guage or wire needs repair.
I tested my gauge. When grounded, the needle would go all the way to the top. When I removed the ground it would very slowly fall back to zero. Hit it with ground again and it would go all the way to the top. It wasn't instantaneous but it was quick. Remove ground and slowly it would travel back to zero.
chevyeater said:
It is working then, they are filled with molasses.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ok isnms, so if my gauge does that then what because i haev new engine in there and 0 oil pressure. maybe because i haev the JDM tyte sender??lol im prolly gonna get a autometer eletric one anyways.

tom

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
I think I read it somewhere, there is a difference in JDM and USDM senders.
Hopefully someone with a JDM swap can confirm.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does anyone have a picture or diagram of where and what the sender looks like?

·
Registered
321 Posts
isnms said:
I think I read it somewhere, there is a difference in JDM and USDM senders.
Hopefully someone with a JDM swap can confirm.
I had to swap out the sender on my JDM 7M-GTE. The JDM sender was a plug in electrical connector type, that I am assuming it's for a digital dash. You need the USDM sender for it to work.

It's located on the passenger side of the engine in the front. Remove your intake tube and you'll see it. It will be covered with a rubber boot, remove that and it looks like a bell with a nipple on top. In case you need to change it, it makes life a lot easier with the intake tube off. Oh, and you'll need a 14mm stubby wrench IIRC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts