Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shimmed my oil pressure 10cm on both the oil pump andoil cooler for starters. I have been driving around with a bad sender and not actually seeing the full pressure. So i ran 10w40 in it because i wasnt seeing tons of pressure... I went to start the car up and blew the hose that runs from the oil filter to the oil cooler. So i clamped that down with a gear clamp and blew the rubber seal in the oil filter right out. I am now running 10w30 with the proper sender i have a feeling ill be seeing higher than stock oil pressures.

This is just some info for the peopel who shimm their oil pumps

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
if you blew the seal on the filter, thats way too high, as soon as you get on it hard itll blow again. 10cm is too much, should have been more like 10-12mm

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
so what pressure are you sending on your stock gauge?

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the stock gauge on a cold start is reading 3 to 4 kg/cm2 but when it warms up it never goes above 2 to 2.5 kg/cm2 at 3000 rpm

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correction i just looked at the ruler i used and its actually only 10mm. Your right 10cm would kill that engine. For visualization purposes the washers werent quite to the top of the hollowed out bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts