Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased an AEM oil pressure gauge (spare me im new to this) I'm a tad confused how and where I connect the oil sensor in my 97 TT supra. Is there an open threaded fitting on the engine block? If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated. Or how I should go about connecting the sensor if there isn't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Use a union bolt from an 01-05 IS300 to replace the Supra bolt that holds the oil filter bracket to the block. PN 90401-19008. Put your new AEM oil sender on the IS300 union bolt. Use teflon tape where the sender screws on to the union bolt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Th
Use a union bolt from an 01-05 IS300 to replace the Supra bolt that holds the oil filter bracket to the block. PN 90401-19008. Put your new AEM oil sender on the IS300 union bolt. Use teflon tape where the sender screws on to the union bolt.
Thanks for the response trying to wrap my head around what you said. So purchase the new bolt and the aem sensor screws into that bolt? Does that bolt go into the block?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like this? So the aem sensor would screw into the union bolt?

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Yes, or just drill/tap your original for 1/8npt. I used a sandwich plate because I needed an additional port for oil feed since I used a ge block

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, or just drill/tap your original for 1/8npt. I used a sandwich plate because I needed an additional port for oil feed since I used a ge block
Ok thanks! Going to order the pet tomorrow to do this. Do I need to drain my oil prior to this so it doesn’t spill everywhere?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok thanks! Going to order the pet tomorrow to do this. Do I need to drain my oil prior to this so it doesn’t spill everywhere?

You will lose some oil, but not that much. As long as the engine hasn’t been ran in a while, the bulk of the oil will be in the pan, and some in the filter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You will lose some oil, but not that much. As long as the engine hasn’t been ran in a while, the bulk of the oil will be in the pan, and some in the filter.
Good just didn’t want to get an oily surprised and drench everything near my block.

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
IMO I would just remove the OEM Oil Pressure sender, buy a log port adapter. Screw in adapter to where the OEM sensor was then put your new sender AND the OEM sender into the log that is now screwed into the block. This gains a lot better accuracy. This picture shows the 2 senders into the log

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMO I would just remove the OEM Oil Pressure sender, buy a log port adapter. Screw in adapter to where the OEM sensor was then put your new sender AND the OEM sender into the log that is now screwed into the block. This gains a lot better accuracy. This picture shows the 2 senders into the log

View attachment 246736
Thanks this is a good idea I cant seem to find this whats the part number?

·
Blue Thunder
3,431 Posts

View attachment 246736
Stu, is that a 6 port 1/8 npt vacuum manifold ? Good idea !!!

B

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
This is an item on Ebay from OBX Racing Distribution Block Manifold (Universal) 4 Ports 1/8 NPT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is an item on Ebay from OBX Racing Distribution Block Manifold (Universal) 4 Ports 1/8 NPT
Found it on amazon but thanks! Also is the previous oil sender size 1/8npt? Trying to figure out what port cover and adapter to the original oil sender I would need. I assume id need port covers as it comes with 4 and id only be utilizing 2 of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found it on amazon but thanks! Also is the previous oil sender size 1/8npt? Trying to figure out what port cover and adapter to the original oil sender I would need. I assume id need port covers as it comes with 4 and id only be utilizing 2 of them.
https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Racing-ENV-150-Inline-Manifold/dp/B00G5T3C4G?th=1
Found this on amazon. Gonna be going with this theres fewer ports all I need is 2. Just not sure what size fitting I need to screw into the actual block is it 1/8npt? If so I'll have to get an adapter. Their options are 6AN+.

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
Being that it has 4 ports, you can only use 2 because of the size of the senders and spacing. So you use 2 of the plugs that come with it to close off the 2 other ones. It has been a while since I used this so I am not 100% sure that the OEM Oil sensor is 1/8NPT. My memory says yes. I think what I did was I used the large black plug adapter that has a 1/8NPT hole which I circled in the picture. Then I bought a 1/8NPT Male/Male hose. One end into the log block end the other into the engine block where the OEM Oil sender was...TBH I am not entirely sure as it was 10 years ago.

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
Another option is using this. Just screw it into the engine block where the OEM sensor was then screw in the 2 sensors, one at each end to give room for the sensors

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Racing-ENV-150-Inline-Manifold/dp/B00G5T3C4G?th=1
Found this on amazon. Gonna be going with this theres fewer ports all I need is 2. Just not sure what size fitting I need to screw into the actual block is it 1/8npt? If so I'll have to get an adapter. Their options are 6AN+.
That can work, but your going to have to find 1 adapters. 1) Plug at one end, 2) plug with an 1/8"NPT port in it to either run a hose to block or a 1/8" coupler

1 - 20 of 26 Posts