Supra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That can work, but your going to have to find 1 adapters. 1) Plug at one end, 2) plug with an 1/8"NPT port in it to either run a hose to block or a 1/8" coupler
I may do this not sure if there's enough space to mount it there without running a hose like you did. Is there not any form of inaccuracy due to running a hose from the original location to the block?

·
handy with the steel
375 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Racing-ENV-150-Inline-Manifold/dp/B00G5T3C4G?th=1
Found this on amazon. Gonna be going with this theres fewer ports all I need is 2. Just not sure what size fitting I need to screw into the actual block is it 1/8npt? If so I'll have to get an adapter. Their options are 6AN+.

I believe the factory oil pressure switch port is 1/8 BSPT. I hope so anway, because I recently ordered THIS (Autometer 2269 - BSPT to NPT thread adapter) to replace my factory oil pressure switch with a pressure sensor, but I'm on a stand alone so I don't need the factory switch.

·
handy with the steel
375 Posts
I may do this not sure if there's enough space to mount it there without running a hose like you did. Is there not any form of inaccuracy due to running a hose from the original location to the block?

No, the hose will not introduce any meaningful error. Remote mounting of pressure transmitters is very common.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe the factory oil pressure switch port is 1/8 BSPT. I hope so anway, because I recently ordered THIS (Autometer 2269 - BSPT to NPT thread adapter) to replace my factory oil pressure switch with a pressure sensor, but I'm on a stand alone so I don't need the factory switch.
Did a tad bit of research and its 1/8 BSPT. The AEM oil pressure I have is npt. Still have to figure out if there's enough space to run the distribution block at the block or if I have to sanction if off somewhere with a hose.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No, the hose will not introduce any meaningful error. Remote mounting of pressure transmitters is very common.
Sucks I already bought the union bolt. According to Stu, this method is a lot more accurate so Ill run it.

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
I think it is possible to buy the NPT to BSPT so the log can tap right into the OEM location. You can also buy a "plug" at the other end instead of the NPT insert that is supplied. This way you can use this union log thing for the 2 senders. I do not know what Ishii did for that NPT-BSPT adapter. All I know is this log multi port thing I use is indeed going straight into the block. I will have to remember why I have the oil line coming out of the end. This install will be a bit difficult with the engine in the car as it is somewhat hard to get too.
All I remember is Ishii said this method is way better than the union bolt because of the length the oil needs to pump up to where the NPT fitting is.,

21 - 26 of 26 Posts