Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this mod for an Oil Pressure gauge? If so, how the hell did you get to the Union bolt? From the top or bottom? I didn't get down to it yet just crawled under the car for a look and it looks like a PITA from there and almost worse from the top.... Anyone, any suggestions?

Thanks-

A

·
0 Posts
If you have a single turbo, I figure the rear oil feed on the passenger side of the block would be much better.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AnArKey said:
If you have a single turbo, I figure the rear oil feed on the passenger side of the block would be much better.
Unfortunatley I have not made it to a Single Turbo yet, rebuilt took more than anticipated out of the wallet. MKIV has a write up(kinda) on this mod but not specific directions, just looks hard to get to that damn bolt by the Oil Filter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its pretty simple, Remove the power steering pump. I think its 3 bolts. Remove that to the side and you should be able to access it from the top. Your going to need a long extension on your wrench to move the union bolt. Other then that its pretty simple. I had a tough time deciding top or bottom, but top worked for me.

thanks
leonard

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip Leonard!!

And I did mail Mani about this but never got a response...so I came here and asked.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mani showed me how to do it. So i'm just the "middle man"
Just passing the information along..

thanks
leonard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts