Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fighting some weird issues with my oil pressure dropping under high RPM so before pulling the motor apart I decided to throw some money at it.

Installed the PHR oil filter relocation kit to remove the factory oil cooler
Installed the PHR oil pressure sensor relocation kit to use the factory oil pressure test port by the AC compressor, used the lexus oil cooler bolt prior.

I have everything back together but with one big issue. I am getting no oil pressure out of the factory service port. Not a drop on the AEM pressure sensor. If I blow compressed air down the line, there is little resistance heading into the motor. If I apply vacuum, no oil comes out. The the motor is a US 1994 GTE. Anyone have any ideas as to why oil isn't spraying out? I'm hoping its just some crusties built up from never being used. I let the car idle for about 15 minutes but have not driven it in the current state out of fear.

I have not tried removing factory oil pressure switch next to this port. I was trying to avoid removing the AC compressor to get a tool on it. It seems the general consensus is to use this port or the oil pressure switch port over the 2nd turbo oil feed port. Finger are cross this isnt the start of a very expensive project. Once the motor comes out, you all know where that ends up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tore the intake side of the motor apart again and moved the line over to the port that houses the factory oil pressure switch for the dash light. The sensor had clearly seen oil in the past. Put everything back together, started the car, no oil pressure. Removed the sensor and let it run with just a hose.....nothing. Anyone have any diagrams of the oil galleys and passages? I'm starting to think I have some kind of blockage. I can blow compressed air through just fine but not a drop of oil comes out. My last ditch effort before pulling the motor is a chemical flush. I can't think of anything else to try besides getting physical access to the oil galleys. Hopefully I caught it before damage to the engine occurred.

·
Super Moderator
11,180 Posts
Are you getting oil pressure anywhere at all?
I'd be looking at the oil pump, personally.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to close this topic out, I had the hoses for the oil filter relocation kit on backwards. I assumed PHR labelled them the same (in/out) on both ends so you would match them up. I learned the hard way that oil only flows through a filter one way. This caused there to be no oil in the galley where the pressure sensor sits. I still have low oil pressure under acceleration which is leading me down the path of failing bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts