Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering what's the oil pressure should be??? like when driving normal, driving hard, etc.... i never really paid attention to it until my buddy told me that i should find out what's the normal oil pressure is because if the pressure is not rite it could cause engine knock.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
n_sain_mkIII said:
i was just wondering what's the oil pressure should be??? like when driving normal, driving hard, etc.... i never really paid attention to it until my buddy told me that i should find out what's the normal oil pressure is because if the pressure is not rite it could cause engine knock.

idle...5-20 wot 20-50 imo.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
When its hot at idle the needle will be near the bottom. Thats normal.

When the engines cold idling high mine usually hits the line above halfway. Also it usually hits that on the highway. Thats as high as it ever goes.

It usually fluctuates between the second last line at the bottom and halfway driving normally

·
Registered
347 Posts
when i let my car idle, i never see pressure below like 25 or so... deffinatly not 4.3 psi. and at 3000rpm it's just above the 40psi mark. i havne't done anything to the oil pump, not shimmed or anything.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Don't forget, the NA and Turbo are going to be different as well. The NA is less volume, more pressure.

Also, we need to clarify when we are testing our oil pressure, cause I get 40+psi @ idle when cold, and like 5psi when warm.

Also, what thickness oil is being used. Most if not all of these questions have been asked and answered before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts