Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two motor, one is 7mge from 88 and it did not present any problem While I was using it, always making a good presure, cold over 40 at least 80psi always warm 40psi contanlly. I have another motor 7mgte that is not making the oil presure that I want, it`s making 40psi cold and 20 and even 15psi warm. I`ll be making a complete rebuild puting wiseco pistons, eagle rods and finally puting a LT10 microtech on it so basically the thing is that some people told me to eliminate the oil squitler and other people told me to just replace it... What will be better for the engine to make a constant presure and go over 40PSI on oil presure at least cold? Do you recomend me to eliminate the oil squirtles or to put new ones? any idea will be more than helpfull...

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
So much wrong information here.

OP, there is nothing wrong with your 7M. Toyota designed this engine to be a low-pressure/High-volume oiling system. The numbers you are getting are perfectly normal. Alot of people often remove the oil squirters when they do a full build. Its very common amongst the 7M's and 2JZ's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really don`t know why but I know that I can get there (700HP) I know It will be to much for streets but I really want that number on a dyno... But here is another question.. how can I get the motor to have that kind of power without having more troque For example 700HP and 680 of troque

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
I really don`t know why but I know that I can get there (700HP) I know It will be to much for streets but I really want that number on a dyno... But here is another question.. how can I get the motor to have that kind of power without having more troque For example 700HP and 680 of troque
If you want to make horsepower and no torque, go buy a Honda.

Torque is what makes you go faster. Horsepower is just for bragging rights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I know but I don`t want to go over Horserpower is like I told you more power not so much torque but less than horsepower so basically a difference of 20 to 50 units lets say 700HP and 650 or 700HP and 680 no more than that

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i really dont understand your want for less torque then horsepower... does anyone else? having more torque then hp is good, like degree said. i enjoy my 280hp/310ft lbs torque. go 1jz if you want no torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts