Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search on this and nothing seemed to match what is happening to my car. My first question i was wondering what the average 91 turbo goes through oil wise mine seems to be burning about a quart of synth. oil every 1000 miles or so, sometimes within the 8-900 range. Whats weird about it is it will seemingly happen within a couple of days. My oil pressure will be fine for a couple of weeks and then blam low pressure oil and i start to hear a weird clanking sound on acceleration. Fill her up with a quart of oil and she is fine for the next couple of hundred miles and then it returns. It seems to get worse and burn faster the closer i get to my next oil change. Anyone out there have this same problem??

·
Registered
45 Posts
i had this same problem, but i hate to tell you this, but it may be your rod bearings spinning. It happened to me about the same way. the oil would get low, then i would hear a little knock, so i would top it off again, then after a thousand miles, i would hear it again, then the mileage started getting sooner and sooner until i would hear the "clanking" noise at idle. If it gets worse and worse, i would say it is bearings.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it is bearings how much would i be looking at to fix them or what would be your suggestions....i leave for basic training on Dec 8 for af reserves so the car will not be driven very often except to keeo the fluids running by my family and i have been tossing around the idea of buying a jdm engine and upgrading a bunch of stuff on it and then dropping it in the car....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts