Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Skool 4 Life
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i recently had a bhg, I did the resurfacing of the block with one of those 3m suff pads and an air grinder, any way there might have been debris then got into the oil gallies, i did make sure there weren't any on top of the pistons, well my problem is the car ran fine for a day or 2 then it started knocking bad, turns out it was valve knock, so is there any possibility the oil pump is cloged with crap or is there some other problem? thanks for the help all

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
mkiiitnr said:
Alright so i recently had a bhg, I did the resurfacing of the block with one of those 3m suff pads and an air grinder, any way there might have been debris then got into the oil gallies, i did make sure there weren't any on top of the pistons, well my problem is the car ran fine for a day or 2 then it started knocking bad, turns out it was valve knock, so is there any possibility the oil pump is cloged with crap or is there some other problem? thanks for the help all
Dont worry i resurfaced my block with a belt sander

I flush my engine with

Please note above is ment as sarcasim

Flush your engine with new oil and filter drive 1000km repeat

·
Old Skool 4 Life
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
changed oil still knocking, might i have a bigger problem?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Valve knock? Did you mix up your valve shims? If you're thinking oil starvation then its probably rod knock. How was your oil pressure? How long was the motor down due to BHG? I had a friend with a 87 turbo. Bad BHG, white oil as that was the symptom, sitting in there for a long long time. Did the top end but didn't pull the motor to clean the oil strainer. It was clogged with the oil/water tapiocia stuff. Burned it up really quick. Flushing might help but I'd pull the motor to make sure.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
i think your block has some hard burn

time to add some pedoebismale the pink stuff hehehehhehe j/k

look like your going to have to pop the pan off and take a looky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts