Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1989 7MGTE Ice Blue Pearl,
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the middle of replacing the oil pump driveshaft retention plate and noticed the bearing that sits on the end of the shaft was worn and rough So decided to replace it. After looking it up online and with some posts in this forum I ordered part number 90387-26001. But when I got it in the mail the part looks different than the one I removed from the shaft. Is this the correct part? Did they change the design of it? When pressing it back on the shaft does the beveled edge go away from the shaft or towards the engine? Thanks!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Is this the correct part?
Nope, not really. The bore on the OEM one that is missing on the new one is where the pulley hub recesses into. The new one wouldn't be usable without having that bore machined in to match the OEM one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks captain! Do you happen to know the correct part number I need by chance? Since I ordered what looked to be the correct number but no dice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This freaks me out as im starting to aquire parts for a 7MGTE build right now and that is the part # i find for every search. But Captain is right. My stock oil pump drive shaft collar has a recess that the pulley has to fit into.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same thing for me, needing this part and my flywheel machined are the last 2 things holding me up...

·
Registered
915 Posts
That is the right part number, it just looks like the machine work wasn't finished. Easiest/quickest option would be to take both parts to a machine shop and have the new one machined to match the old one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will look into getting it machined. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I went to 3 different machine shops/tool and die shops and none of them said that they would be able to machine it out/thought that it would work as oem part. Do you guys have any other ideas?

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
306 Posts
Why are they not able to machine it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One said they didn't have the equipment. The other 2 said that material would be to hard. Lol maybe I will try to find a few more places.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
why not return it and order another? might just be a defective product but your gonna spend $100+ on machine work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing is when I look up that part number (90387-26001) they all come up looking the same. When I look that part up it comes up for Yamaha bikes. Any page with that related to Toyota says its discontinued. Maybe someone here in the forums has one that is correct and are willing to sell?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts