Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my car was on the edge of being to low on oil pressrue so instead of buying a nice oil pressure gauge im just going to spend the money on a good oil pump so i know i wont have any problems. what oil pumps work well. the car doesnt have to much mods about 265-280 hp probably. also i hate pulling the dam motors on the cars or the tranny just a pain in the assits such a tight fit, is it possible to put a new oil pump in with the engine still in the car?? i was thinking of taking off motor mounts than lifting engine couple inchs with tranny attached removign oil pan, but is that even posslbe with the corss member thing, i havent been under the car for a while so idk for sure just member it was a huge pain.

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its border line when engine is somewhat warmd up at 3k rpm its 35ish psi the manuel states 36-72psi, and its only like 100 degrees outside summer is coming an it will reach 120 degrees here in yuma arizona. so ya one the car gets more warmed up with hotter weather i believe it will be to low and its just to risky cause its a brand new motor, the oil pump was pretty much the only part not replaced cause it was thought to be good. learnd my lesson tho.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
You can replace the oil pump with the engine in the car. Follow the steps in the TSRM here: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=LU&P=7 but I think it's easier to pull the engine.

Just out of curiosity, how are you measuring this 35psi of oil pressure? Did you hook up a reliable oil pressure guage of some sort or is that just what the unreliable stock gauge is telling you? If it's the stock gauge, are you certain that the sender is working correctly? I would hook up a real pressure gauage of some sort to the block that you know is accurate and measure it that way before going through the trouble of replacing the oil pump.

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha i got neither huge hands and no lift. i thinkima try to remove the front subrame like this guy picture. what you think, i dont want to pull hte motor oout,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.