Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can cuase oil resudue in oil besides a blown head gasket? I took off the radiator cap and there is a small amount of black oil residue. This car has an aftermarket HKS head gasket on it for several years now. Can a leaky valve cover do it? Any info appreciated. Shes headed for a decent mechanic tomorrow. BTW it does not heat up after driving fast, dosn't apear to loose water from radiator and I havent noticed overflow on rad. over flow bottle. I have noticed a water running sound from under dash. Anyone out there with a similar experience? Thanks. Dan

·
Goderator
40 Posts
I have that water running sound under the dash. Not sure what it is though... I usually notice it when I start it in the morning, or when I idle it at the end of the day...

It is probaly going at all times.. just really noisy (outside noise) other than at those times.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil residue in Radiator

Thanks for replying guys. I am new at this turbo stuff and am reading a lot to get up to speed. I did a search last night on Head Gaskets and am still unsure if that is the problem. Any one know if the oil that goes to the turbo can some how get in the radiator? Could this be residue from having a blown HG several years ago but fine now? Is retourge a possibility? Thanks.

Dan

B

·
0 Posts
umm... wow

this post is like a year and a half old.

talk about resurrection

1 - 6 of 6 Posts