Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for the oil return line, i just need to drill one hole. how big should the hole be, and what size tool do i need to drill it with? after that , there should be two bolt screw holes on the outside of the drilled hole, to put on the return oil line. anyone got more pics thnx

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am actually at the exact position you are in, looking for a answer on a simplest way to tap into the oil pan. Well I THINK there are 3 ways to do it: 1. drill hole with a driller in the oil pan by either by lifting the engine up to get the oil pan easily or by drilling the pan while the motor is in. 2. Use that gravity feed way 3. Use a scavenge pump or something like that.
Dont call me a dumbass if some of the stuff I said is wrong and doesnt make sense, I dont know too much about NA-Ts'

How much hp you looking for? I just want enough to beat a stock TT like around 350hp.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
SUPRAMKIV510 said:
so for the oil return line, i just need to drill one hole. how big should the hole be, and what size tool do i need to drill it with? after that , there should be two bolt screw holes on the outside of the drilled hole, to put on the return oil line. anyone got more pics thnx
Here's the tool I used with the hole saw attached. I don't know the hole saw size, but just measure the diameter of the oil return hole at the bottom of the block. And yes, a plastic 90 degree drill adapter will work very well.

Of course, grease the hole saw, and take your time drilling the hole. You don't need a lot of pressure to go through the aluminum oil pan. Also, frequently clean the hole saw and regrease it.

First, the drill bit will penetrate the pan; then, it will take a little longer to get the hole saw all the way through. Again, don't apply a lot of pressure to the 90 degree drill adapter. If you do, you'll put more debris into the block.

Once you're all the way through, try to get as much debris out of the pan as possible with your fingers, but be careful. The hole will have sharp edges; try not to cut yourself.

Next, get a large NPT tap (again, I don't know the size) and tap the block. Finally, screw the fitting into place with teflon tape.

-scott

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next, get a large NPT tap (again, I don't know the size) and tap the block. Finally, screw the fitting into place with teflon tape

whats a NPT tap and teflon tape.
also just pour motor oil to flush out the drebis inside the block right?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
SUPRAMKIV510 said:
Next, get a large NPT tap (again, I don't know the size) and tap the block. Finally, screw the fitting into place with teflon tape

whats a NPT tap and teflon tape.
also just pour motor oil to flush out the drebis inside the block right?
NPT is a type of plumbers thread that tapers from a narrow opening to a larger opening. An NPT tap is the same thing - a tapered tap. As you screw the fitting in, with the threads wrapped in teflon tape, the fitting gets tighter and tighter.

Someone please help me out here. :)

-scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts