Supra Forums banner

Oil Sending Port

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  djmtpocket 
#1 ·
I am sure this will bring flames as a what the hell...but

I have a GE block that I am gonna be taking into the machine shop. I want to have the oil return and oil sending port for the turbo tapped when I take it in. The oil return looks pretty simple, especially if I take them the line that it connects to. My question is if they line up the lines to where the oil send port is and they tap it, is there anything that I would need to add, or would the pressure from there get enough oil to the turbo? If this doesnt sound like it would work, how could I go about connecting the stock oil line to get oil. I have thought about T'ing off maybe the pressure unit right there but dont know how I could connect that to the stock line. Thoughts?

#5 ·
baaaa the best and easyest place to get good feed is from where the oil persure sender is just branch off from there and stuff

#8 ·
I am not die hard on using the stock line....I saw the set on SupraSport but will that Steel line set work on the stock turbo? It didnt look like it would. Bascially I just needed to know a way to use stock, or where to get a plate that I could hook Stainless Steel Lines too.

#9 ·
go to you local hardware store and get a 1/8NPT *T * adapter...

If I grasp the overall picture of what you're attempting to do, which is to turbocharge your GE motor, then this obstacle should be the least of the feat that's ahead of you.
MHO, this project is way above you capabilities - just MHO.

Howard.

#10 · (Edited)
Okay I get what you are saying now. Hack the end off the oil send line where the flange for the turbo is and use the NPT fitting? I was getting NPT confused with something that would fit the block, which wasnt what I was looking for, but NPT i guess is what I will be using for the block as well. And actually the project is going great so far :) I am just one of those guys that values others opinions, since you never know when someone elses opinion might be better than yours. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.