Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site, and turbos. i just got my MKIII today. i started it up to move it into my garage to begin head work, and noticed oil was squirting out of the BOV. could this mean just bad gaskets/seals in the turbo system somewere?? or is it much worse than that? thanks for any input.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
bad bearings?...im really not sure about BOVs
Ummm well I hope you are talking about the turbo, there not usually called bearings.

It sounds like the seals on the turbo have gone bad or that there is excessive blow by. First thing to do is take off the lower intercooler pipe (goes from the turbo outlet to the intercooler) and see how much oil is in there. I would also take off the intake pipe and check the turbo its self. If the oil is coming out the BOV I would not be surprised to see quite a bit of oil come out of the intercooler.

Jeremy

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
I doubt it's turbo related since he's just moving it up the driveway. Make sure your oil returns (in the head) are clean and PCV system is clean also. I had a similar problem where oil was pushed out the valve covers because of the excess pressure caused by the clogged PVC ports.

I think it'll go away when you have your head cleaned.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I doubt it's turbo related since he's just moving it up the driveway. Make sure your oil returns (in the head) are clean and PCV system is clean also. I had a similar problem where oil was pushed out the valve covers because of the excess pressure caused by the clogged PVC ports.

I think it'll go away when you have your head cleaned.
what you said is totaly different then oil coming out of the bov

99% of the time the turbo seals are done!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have a 2jzgte on my mk3....
I was squirting oil from my Blitz bov...to much oil to be honnest!
I thought the turbos were going....
I check my PVC system/hoses....and found that the pvc hoses from the head to intake and visa-versa were to small in diameter.Changed them to bigger ones and the oil dissapeared from the bov and hoses!

PVC system must be clean with the correct size hoses

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts