Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations out there? Preferably something that has been road coarse / track tested and not created any negative oiling effects?

Side note: I did try searching the forums for "oil sump baffle" and came across so many penis enlargement posts :eek: - bizarre

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'd be curious as well...

Can't say I have seen one in the past and if that's your Google results then I wont go looking either...

·
Game Over
1,200 Posts
I have one of these installed, made by Bexo. They have one that works with the factory oil level sensor, and one without. Fitment was perfect. My car isn't running yet however.

580 Posts
pics and link!

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomei very nice, although I don't see any mention of support for the rear sump 2JZ-GTE

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,574 Posts
Tomei very nice, although I don't see any mention of support for the rear sump 2JZ-GTE
Thats the problem, most are Front sump...

You've got fab skills, get some sheet, a band saw and your tig torch and go to town.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick - I am going through a phase of being lazy right now :biggrin:

Fine, I'll just build something myself!

·
Game Over
1,200 Posts
https://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/item.php?category=engine&subcat=Oil Pans (Sumps) and Baffle Plates&brand=TOMEI&series=&name=Oil+Pan+Baffle+Plate&carcode=JZA80A&fromlink=2

^^

This looks to be for a Supra application. That should be rear sump, unless they've made front sump supras Idk about lol

Goleby's usually have in stock an assortment of oil baffle /windage kits for the JZ motors

**Edit**

The website lists Supra application, but all of the OEM part #'s, are front sump pans.

https://www.golebysparts.com.au/parts/browse/170/toyota-1jz-2jz/oil-cooler-kits-and-accessories-sump-baffle-kits

I have this kit installed .....https://www.golebysparts.com.au/parts/view/3097/170/toyota-1jz-2jz/oil-cooler-kits-and-accessories-sump-baffle-kits/1jz-2jz-supra-rear-sump-baffle-box-surge-plate-sportsman-version
^^

That looks like the kit I have as well. We'll see how well it works.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Whats everyone's thoughts on a trap door design like the Tomei over just a solid baffle like the bexo? obviously the trap door design had advantages but also risks if a door or multiples stick over time. The rubber trap doors tomei is something I have not seen before and may have little to no risk of sticking like a hinge could.

The Toyota Group A cars for both the 7M and if I remember right 2JZ cars never used trap doors just a containment system.

·
Racing is Life.
1,063 Posts
Which one would you guys use if driving the car on the street as well, and for E85 use? My concern with the rubber or even steel is corrosion or breaking down of the rubber flap.

On my race car they modified the pan to simply stop all of this from the beginning by altering the inside of the lower pan itself. I don't have pictures I can upload easily or I'd post them now.

·
Game Over
1,200 Posts
Whats everyone's thoughts on a trap door design like the Tomei over just a solid baffle like the bexo? obviously the trap door design had advantages but also risks if a door or multiples stick over time. The rubber trap doors tomei is something I have not seen before and may have little to no risk of sticking like a hinge could.

The Toyota Group A cars for both the 7M and if I remember right 2JZ cars never used trap doors just a containment system.
In to know a little more about this as well.

Which one would you guys use if driving the car on the street as well, and for E85 use? My concern with the rubber or even steel is corrosion or breaking down of the rubber flap.

On my race car they modified the pan to simply stop all of this from the beginning by altering the inside of the lower pan itself. I don't have pictures I can upload easily or I'd post them now.
I suspect it will be negligible, as the oil itself will protect it from the corrosion since the baffle will be submerged. We have rubber seals around the crankcase, and I don't hear anyone else having seal problems from running ethanol. I haven't had ethanol related issues with my rubber seals at least.

·
Registered
560 Posts
If ethanol is making its way into your oil, you have serious issues

Fuel type and oil, have no bearing on each orher

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Game Over
1,200 Posts

The rings are not a 100% perfect seal, and you will get some combustion through them, into the crankcase. This is normal, and one of the reason we change our oil because of these contamination.

·
Racing is Life.
1,063 Posts

Yeah. That is NOT accurate. If what you said is true: then there wouldn't be crankcase ventilation.

After one tank of ethanol I could smell it in the oil. It's why your oil turns black is from the carbon in pump gas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts