Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get an oil temp guage and dont know which i should do, elctrical or mechanical. what are the diff's Is electrcal easier to hook up? mech just a lil info would be nice, my search is being dumb, thanx SF membahs

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Depends on where you install the gauges, but the electrical ones are safer in all cases. (You do not have any oil in the interior of your car this way. The pure mechanical gauges have hoses that run oil to the gauge, so if you have a gauge that fails, you could have hot oil spraying you in the face. It also increases your chances of a fire.)

I don't have a oil temp gauge, but my electric boost gauge was not too hard to setup, and I like the peak reccord feature. (You really have to be watching the road, and then when it's safe, you can hit the button and see what the max pressure was according to the gauge.)

Just my .o2psi there.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx man, i just need the temp guage mostly because i let the car warm in the morning before i move it just to ensure everything is lubricated before i start adding a load to it, thanx for ur info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts