Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with oil temp gauges, where do you mount the sender unit? Anyone use a drain plug temp sender?

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
My sender is an adapter piece from Omori Meter that replaced the OE oil pan drain plug. The sensor is embedded within the adapter.
FYI, the stock drain plug is 18X1.5mm thread.

HTH,
Howard.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
just run it in the stock laction easy said and done tell you try to get he stocker off heheh i still have nto yet to do that instead i just wired it into my stock sender does not work well caus ehte auot meater sender puts out bigg restaince

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
NashMan said:
just run it in the stock laction easy said and done tell you try to get he stocker off heheh i still have nto yet to do that instead i just wired it into my stock sender does not work well caus ehte auot meater sender puts out bigg restaince
:scratch: Stock location? I haven't seen where the 7M has an oil temp. gauge stock.

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
Observed Oil Temp variations:
- At cold startup and idle, oil temps would not exceed 170degF.
- During cruise, oil temps would vary between 150 - 170 depending on ambient temps.
- Upon coming to a stop, temps would increase to ~210+degF.

This was observed with my *external* oil pump / cooler malfunctioning. Since I've capped off the stock oil cooler routing, then my car was essentially operating as a normal 7MGTE would and I'll expect similar temps with a car with existing OE oil cooler setup.

Since then I've completed my oil delivery / cooling mod: External / relocated oil filter + Setrab oil cooler + oil thermostat + accusmump, I've seen temps increase to 170degF at cold startup, hover around 150 - 160 at cruise, and increase to about 165degF at idle after a long drive or any spirited driving.

HTH,
Howard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts