Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im almost positive my oil temp sensor is bad but i want to know if there is anyway to confirm that before purchasing a new one from curt for 275$. i have looked through the repair manual many times but i dont see anything. the yellow light is on and has not gone off in a few weeks now.

any input would be great

thanks

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
That is not the oil temp sensor but the oil level warning light. Maybe you just need to simply add some oil to let it get erased?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not the oil temp sensor but the oil level warning light. Maybe you just need to simply add some oil to let it get erased?
tried that did a complete oil change still on. ive been told by a few toyota mechanics that it is an oil temp light not to say that they are always right becuase they are usually pretty stupid. but this local guy who has a beastly supra built himself told me its oil temp

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
I have the exact same problem since I did my custom intake manifold. My oil level is perfect and the light will come on and stay on 10 seconds after starting the car. According to the owner's manual, it is the oil level warning light.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
tried that did a complete oil change still on. ive been told by a few toyota mechanics that it is an oil temp light not to say that they are always right becuase they are usually pretty stupid. but this local guy who has a beastly supra built himself told me its oil temp
Well then he was wrong just in that particular case;) Therefore is also the wavey line under the oil can as a sign for the oil level. If your oil level is right then the sensor might be bad. It is on the driver side located at the oil pan on the side of the engine. Maybe you need to change it..
Gerd

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just changed the sensor and another oil change still the same problem

anyone else have any suggestions!?!

dj diabalo: perhaps when you changed your intake manifold you missed one of the grounds triggering the light... unfortunially my grounds are on :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts