Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm hoping some of you can provide some insight here. I'm experiencing the "weeping" front main seal issue thats been described in the sticky thread in the Technical section. It is happening on the roadcourse where I'm running the higer rpms as you'd expect. I don't really lose much oil, but my oil pressure continues to drop as well which makes it undriveable. I'm assuming that the weeping fms is causing the oil pressure drop.

Has anyone else seen the same thing? Any info on what you all have done to alleviate the potential problem? I've seen some mentions of using a smaller spring (I was doing that last time however) and sealant around the fms which seems doable, but am looking for anything else.

I'm running a BL PT63 setup (.68 backside), and like to run about 18 pounds of boost on the track. I've got a large Fluidyne oil cooler mounted in the passenger side duct, and run almost 8 qts of oil (is there such a thing as a high-flow oil pump for our cars?). I have my pcv vented to a catch can.

I'd appreciate any advice you might have!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I could tell it didn't appear that they were making them anymore. I'll probably hit them up as well though.

Ron

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had this problem and it got bad, I got the moded oil pump from sound performance, it has set screws to hold in the main seal and it has'nt leaked a drop of oil since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts