Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I changed my spark plugs and the 5th and 6th spark plugs were pretty much drenched in oil. I'm now looking to change the valve cover gasket but i'm unable to find any other threads on here to help me or give me some tips on how to change it. Is it a pretty simple procedure? I don't think it would be too hard but I also don't wanna get way in over my head, can someone help me out? thanks

· Registered
744 Posts
Check your oil cap as that may be the culprit. Mine wasn't sealing well and I had a nice pool of oil in the 5-6 spark plug galley as well.

· Fast Enough, Never Is.
1,185 Posts
I just changed mine valve cover gaskets last week. Loosen outside in and tighten inside out. Make sure to put the RTV/grey silicone on the cam corners near the timing side, also on the gaskets make sure to put grease all over the gasket it preserves and makes the gaskets last longer. Its not hard just all 10mm bolts just be thorough. My spark plugs were showing the same oil on the threads and my valve cover gaskets were dry rotted.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys really appreciate the advice. I did do this on my 240sx and I'm assuming its pretty similar in the supra but just wanted to make sure. Now, gonna go out and get the valve cover gaskets from Toyota and get wrenching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.