Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just spent the past 4 hours going from auto shop to auto shop to hardware to hardware store.....to find a damn adapter for my autometer sport comp oil pressure sender....

iwas told it could be found at any auto parts store but i went to napa, pepe boys, and auto zone and found NOTHING!

anyone who knows.....or specifically anyoen who has this gauge....and/or pressure sending unit.... please tlel me what you used to adapt it to fit in the block and where you found it asap!!!

god damn im pissed and tired! lol.............. phew......

k guys help me out!

·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drjonez said:
you'll need to tap it.
i was starting to think this....however i rememebr people saying there was an adaptor for it........

grrr where are the damn set answers.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Go to a plumbing supply store and ask for the fitting.

·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
91T4 said:
Go to a plumbing supply store and ask for the fitting.
at ace hardware i looked in the plumbing section and they didnt ave shit...i doubt there will be much more at an actual plumbing store

im thining im gonna have to tap it....grrr

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
no you do NOT need to tap it. all you need is an adapter from british pipe thread to 1/8 npt. mine came from a semi truck hose shop. if you can hold off on the install i can see if i can get you one next time im out there. or maybe you can search on your own knowing what you need.
or you could spend the $50 and get the greddy adapter that goes on the oil filter.

dave

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I had this exact question about 4 months or so ago and was trying to figure out the same thing. Someone on the thread posted a link to a site that sells an adapter that takes the threads of the Autometer gauge into the thread size of the stock oil pressure sender and it worked great. I got it in there but decided on Greddy gauges so I ended up taking it out. If you search for that thread, I'm sure you can find that link.

·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dbsupra said:
no you do NOT need to tap it. all you need is an adapter from british pipe thread to 1/8 npt. mine came from a semi truck hose shop. if you can hold off on the install i can see if i can get you one next time im out there. or maybe you can search on your own knowing what you need.
or you could spend the $50 and get the greddy adapter that goes on the oil filter.

dave
hmmm british pipe thread? wtf is that? haha

semi truck hose shop....hmmm i dont know if i have one of those around here...

im kinda hoping to get one tonight or tomorrow...because the engine is going in soon and getting to the sender after it is in is A BITCH to say the least.........

anymore info would be great... thanks guys!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
try amazon hoses in downtown, call them first... those fuckers have everything

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
british pipe thread is 28 pitch. 1/8 npt is 27 pitch. if you cant find one let me know. i'll give you the number to the hose shop in VA- maybe they will ship you one. id rather spend a couple dollars for an adapter vs tapping the block.

dave

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
i need a tapping tool. Are they expensive, i don't wanna spend money just to use it once

G

·
0 Posts
a pluming supply store will have MUCH more then any ace hardware... i used to work for Home depot in various departments including plumbing for a few years.. a plumbing supply store has much more parts then any hardware store is going to have. Hardware stores only carry what is common.

As for a tap, you can rent them for pretty cheap if you have a home depot in the area that rents tools.. or you could take it to a machine shop and have them do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts