Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats next.... hum. Thats up for grabs. High HP doods... again i need your opinions. I need a VERY high flowing turbo now that im stroking out the motor even more...... What would you guys suggest. And since im going with a custom mani.... it doesnt really matter which one... (as long as it fits in the engine bay :) ) Thanks guys. If you are interested in the To4-R check the forsale section. Thanks.

Trey

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup...just need to find something with a hood big enough to put that under..

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
I would defenitly look for a big SP for your setup!

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Hokey stinkin' crap...... that's big. :eek:

Edit: yeah... SP GT lineup gets my vote too... well worth a look anyhow.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Big is always great for flow ... BUT ... something tells me that you, Trey, don't want the biggest turbo that you can find.

If I were you, I would definitely be considering the GT76. Talk to Ron (JT2MA71) about his. All I have heard is something along the lines of it being about the fastest spooling turbo that you could get from a turbo that flows as much as it does.

I'm sure there are others out there that are comparable.

Also, you seem to have a liking of altering turbos to your liking. Custom is always good.

My best regards to you and your project. After all, you are a "guinea pig" for those of us that have desires to stroke the 7m out more;):).

J

·
0 Posts
i have a gt40 for sale...for around 1200ish...its huge and flows hell bent style! if you want it call 618 567 1390...i couldnt spool it til late in my rpm range...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I agree with the SP recommendations. I really like my SP67. I know in the 2jz section there is a couple of turbo's they say to stay away from because of surge problems and the 3 liter engines have problems flowing enough air in the 3000 to 4500 rpm range to keep them from this. The T64,T70,T76, and the T88 were some listed. I bring this up because Eric V. ran a T64 and said that he experienced surge problems as well. Being that you are running a few more cubic inches than the rest of us the game plan might not apply to you. There seem to be alot of people happy with the SP74 with a .81 a/r on the Q trim and being you are going to have alot more bottom end torque if everything works out right you can get by with a higher flowing a/r on the turbine and still not have driveability suffer. Just some opinions as I spend alot of time in the dyno section keeping an eye on who's getting what out of which turbo.

·
Registered
345 Posts
X-man said:
I agree with the SP recommendations. I really like my SP67. I know in the 2jz section there is a couple of turbo's they say to stay away from because of surge problems and the 3 liter engines have problems flowing enough air in the 3000 to 4500 rpm range to keep them from this. The T64,T70,T76, and the T88 were some listed. I bring this up because Eric V. ran a T64 and said that he experienced surge problems as well.
May be stupid question. I have a T72BB, and I was wondering why T70 was listed as having a surge problem, but the T72 wasn't? The compressor maps do look a little different as far as where the surge line is.

3,796 Posts
suprajef said:
thats gotta be the biggest turbo ive ever seen:rockon:
How about this one?

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
any SP turbo in the 60's range. im planning on sp-67 with a .68 A/R, and what ive been told, spool up on it isnt all that bad, altho im planning on a 30 shot to get that extra spool up..

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Whatever you choose make sure it's a ball bearing turbo, I have an HKS 3040 Ball Bearing turbo with a 1.01 A/R and I love the quick response and high boost capablity.

If I were you I would go with HKS T51R KAI or Trubonetics T72 Ball Bearing turbo. If your stroking the motor then spooling any turbo shouldn't be a big problem so I also suggest going with the largest exhaust A/R you can find so you can have plenty of top end power.

Khris

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.