Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here is fimiliar with the map ecu? i need someone that can help me install it and tune my car for 18 pounds on pump and 22 on race gas..

i would also like to covert my car to speed density...and i do have a straight intake pipe for this

anyhelp would be great

thanks, scott

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had my tuned at Victor Research here in CT. Give Aaron a call at 860-282-7223... He did mine at 22psi on pump gas....

·
Registered
312 Posts
is yours a 97? just curious that's all, i can tune it for you if you want, let me know, Rob NJ.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea its a 97...i might have a map already on it from the previous owner (amar) so i want to see how that works too...i just need someone to show me everything so then i can eventually tune it myself...

Rob ive been really busy lately with sats and finals, and this week end im putting new speakers in my car on sunday...are you free by anychance this saturday? and about how far away are you from bridgewater?

and is there anyway you could help me install it also? cuz i didnt want to do it now because i cant tune it lol

,scott

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
BWsupra97 said:
i just need someone to show me everything so then i can eventually tune it myself...
Here's my post from another thread ( http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367510 ) on how I went about tuning it.. it's really not that hard this way. I tried for 2 or 3 months with my stock fuel system until I thought of this way to do things. I sat here with my map for an hour and a half between watching TV and eating (mostly eating lol) and the car is running great!

SupraTico said:
I've found a great way to tune it though. What I did was open the map in table mode, print screen (copy) and paste it into your favorite imaging software and just crop out the map. Print it... Now you've got your map on paper. This helps you keep track of which boxes you've already changed and which boxes on the map are giving you issues under different loads, etc. from your different logs.

Take some logs and analize them with F9 all the way through. As you're analizing the map on the screen, mark each box on the paper with what you need to do to it. For example if it's a bit rich I mark the box with a thin red sharpie "1". If it's too rich I mark it with a red "2" or "3". If the box is lean I mark with a green sharpie "1" etc. Be aware that you go lean when you get off the throttle and when you first get on the throttle before the car adjusts.. don't richen those or you're going to screw your map. Once you analize all your logs and you've gotten it on the paper you can see which areas of the map are giving you the most issues. As you're reading the paper, make your adjustments on the map accordingly.

I make most of my adjustments with a 3% increase or decrease.. If I wrote +1 On the box I add 3% to it... for +2 in the box I add 3% twice. if it's off the scale lean or rich you might need a higher %, but 3% seems to work well for me, just hit it a few times.

If you make a large adjustment your map in the 3d view will look lumpy. What I do if I make adjustments of 5-10% is adjust the adjacent cells by 2 or 3% . Basically smooth out the map so you don't have rough transitions. The paper map works great for this so you can keep track of which cells you've changed.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts