Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah... my turbo blew last weekend while i was on my way to an Import Showdown in GA.... i was really pissed off and didnt think it was the turbo, but then again i wasnt boosting at all even after i checked all of my IC piping. i could still hear it spinning but it just wasnt boosting....

i took my car to the shop and im going to have to replace some seals in my engine that are causing me to burn oil along with the turbo.

im also upgrading to 2.5mm HG, whatever injectors i need (550cc or higher), electronic boost controller, FPR, MAF, and whatever else needs to be done..

i was wondering what turbo you guys with NA-T would recommend... i was thinking about getting anywhere from a t-61 up to a t-67. the only thing is that i know that our tranny is our weakest link so im wondering how big is TOO big for an NA-T?? i want to run over 400whp on pump gas daily and i know that any of these turbos will support this. im currently upgrading from a t04e.

i want the fastest spool possible and 400+whp on pump gas and a ceramic dual ball bearing turbo is an option but i dont know if its worth the money!!!

another option is to have my current turbo rebuilt and get an AEM engine mgmt instead of a new turbo. im currently using apexi SAFC II

also im wondering what boost controller everyone likes the best... i was thinking along the lines of either a blitz or HKS EVC....

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Blitz Spec R boost controller. A t61 with a .58 housing will easily make 400rwhp on pump, (made 420 or so at 12psi) with pretty quick spool. Give us a call at the shop (512-371-9960)to go over turbo options (its easier to discuss various turbos over the phone)

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Agree with Zohair the Blitz is a good controller and for me the HKS EVC5 is a big seller also. As far as the turbo I think a PT61 would suit your needs.

Regards,
Kevin

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback guys. and Z, ill be giving yall a call on monday or tuesday. im going to get the BL injectors and HG for sure... i also should have said that i need a 3 bolt turbo, because my manifold is a three bolt... dont ask me why but it is.... ive thought about getting the 4-bolt adapter... but havent really looked into it that much.

so far im thinking t-61 with .58 housing and BL 550cc injectors and running about 14psi daily...

also someone mentioned a 60-1 p trim, but i dont know that much about that...

what are you guys' thoughts on the ceramic ball bearing option????

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
We can get a gt35R DBB turbo but the minimal spool gain is not worth the extra price in my opinion.

We can also get a 3 bolt turbine housing... not a problem:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
The T61 is a great turbo. As far as Boost controller get one with the steppen motor. The hks or the blitz are what I am looking at to change to.

I have a set of BL 550 injectors that I am selling if you are interested. PM me - I am local.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
racing fan said:
Blitz Spec R boost controller. A t61 with a .58 housing will easily make 400rwhp on pump, (made 420 or so at 12psi) with pretty quick spool. )
Should be fun to see how long the W58 will last at those levels..

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Some people have had bad luck with the W58 breaking at levels of 380-400rwhp. While others (reflexx, PHR, etc) have been able to take it to 500rwhp+

Regards,
Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts