Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know its more than likely a useable idea, just how good of an idea is the question. A non turbo pressure plate on a turbo model? I can't find a decent priced turbo one in town and I need it asap but I have found nons for really cheap. Would this even be worth my time or would it just slip like crazy. I'm figuring around 300 to the ground is what ill be at after its all back together. Please give me info.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
inorder for it to be nonturbo wouldnt it be the w58 transmission...and if thats the case wouldnt it be a totally different application compared with the r154?

i thought the r154 was pull type and w58 push type pp..or am i wrong? i want to know the truthe.

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah see i dont even know anything about the nonturbo transmission. just assumed that the bolt pattern would match. its alright though i found a stage 2 clutch for cheap and its more than enough clamping force to handle what im planning on putting out.

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
yeah, my n/a ia a w58. I thought the trans change to r154 on the turbo was after 89, not sure either, though. Hopefully someone who knows better will chime in...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
All the 5spd turbos models had the R154 and all 5spd N/As came with the W58. Wu Tang's right about the difference between the two. I can't imagine the W58's PP working with a R154... but I've never seen them next to eachother.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it won't work at all, totally different designs...

·
AKUMU
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well thank you everyone for your time, i knew it was kind of a pointless topic to even start but atleast a few of us learned a little about it i guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts