Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my ignitor, had a code 14, got my ecu fixed and now Ive just recived my new ignitor... after fiddling around with it for a bit I finally decided to see what will happen when I try to start it..

Same results, Turns over strong but still no start, except now I am not getting a code? CEL just blinks and blinks and.. blinks.

WTF :(

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one can help?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Basics... Check for fuel, spark, etc....

Many times when I do not get a CEL, I've found the issue to be something so basic, that even the ECU won't tell you. Like sputtering/running rich... changed the plugs many times, no codes, blah, blah, blah.... Ended up being a loose vacuum line :-/

The other thing you may check, is the crank angle sensor connector (by the alternator). I think that if it'sunplugged, you won't get a code, but car will not start.

Dunno about your wiring or other mods, but just have to start with the basics, when there's no CEL to cue you in. Fuel pump working?

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuel pump works fine, never had spark since I completed the swap, cap was blown in the ecu, got that fixed, purchased a new ignitor and still no spark but now i don't get code 14?

Im going to check the wiring tomorrow to see if theres any breaks in it but other then that im stumped now

·
Registered
746 Posts
coil packs???

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Couldn't be all the coilpacks at once... should still sputter or start, but run rough.

Do you smell fuel after a few tries w/no start? Listen to the fuel rail to hear the "gushing" fuel?

Checked for spark at the plug(s)...?

It is either not getting fuel, or spark, or neither. Only other thing I can think of is the EFI fuse/relay. Make sure you are getting power to the ECU (the black/red and Black/orange set of wires in my 2JZ E10 connection at the ECU)... Dunno what it is on the 1JZ, but those power wires should be same color.

Check your grounds too.

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never had a spark since the completion of the swap, like I stated earlier I've had my ecu fixed and purchased a new ignitor, but still don't have a spark and I just looked through all the wiring there's no cracks or breaks..

·
Eat. Sleep. Boost.
1,530 Posts
Have you tried another ECU? When I had the exact same problem, I kept doubting it was my ECU. I looked into other things it could be. Took me a month and I finally bought another ECU. Plugged it in and she started right up. I felt like shooting myself in the mouth.

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried another ECU? When I had the exact same problem, I kept doubting it was my ECU. I looked into other things it could be. Took me a month and I finally bought another ECU. Plugged it in and she started right up. I felt like shooting myself in the mouth.
Cannot find another ecu for the life of me, they seem to be pretty rare to find on there own now

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
You could use a 2JZ/Aristo ECU... Just gotta make an adapter harness, or solder in the connectors. PM TRD87T to see if you can borrow his adapter harness (pay shipping, or whatever) and I can maybe let you borrow a spare 2JZ ECU.

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
still looking for an ecu, im not having very much luck :(

But in the mean time ive gone though my wiring and i can not find anything, other then the 4 extra wires i have left :S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts