Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SF Lurker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am located in Stillwater, Oklahoma and was wondering if anybody knows of any good places nearby to get some head work done. I've got a 90 Turbo, I haven't blown anything yet, but I am going to do some big upgrades (lex afm, 550cc, rebuild turbo), and I've got 156k on the engine. As far as I know, nothing has been done yet. I bought it 4 years ago with 125k and it's been fine so far.

Currently, I've got the full cooleeze exhaust(downpipe, test, and cat-back), shimmed wastegate (washer mod), and K&N. Getting ready to do new valve cover gaskets, replace valve cover screws with bolts, new NGK spark plugs, JDM tb, cooleeze radiator hardpipe and turbo inlet pipe. Also looking at getting a Koyo radiator, cooleeze intercooler pipes, and HKS SSQV.

I've got some money to spend since a tree fell on and totaled my daily driver. I've got a loaner from my grandpa and he's bugging me to get it back so I need to get mine fixed when I can. Any other ideas or suggestions on what I should do for mods or maint, feel free to let me know.

Here's a link to a pic of the car. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358081

·
Registered
820 Posts
FlyingLowInOK said:
rebuild turbo
buy the 63, 67 or 70mm turbo, don't rebuild the ct-26

I know somebody in Tulsa who can fix you up on the head work. It's the same guy working on my head. Your car is looking clean. GL on the upgrades.
adil

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
um you mean .57, 60, 60-1 right?

<l><l>

·
Registered
820 Posts
That will be his choice. On my 7m I am thinking about putting 63 or 67. Bottom line go with the aftermarket turbo.

·
Registered
339 Posts
upgraded Ct26 turbos, 57-60-1 or 62-1 turbos have a weak high end, i would definately go aftermarket if i wasnt on a buget.

·
SF Lurker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I was thinking about a sp-61, but I don't really know much about it. I don't have the easy internet access and won't until some time in July, so I can't spend much time searching. I've been using the school computer labs and my friends computer. And with the searching that I have done, I haven't been able to find anything to help me out much. Anybody got any links for turbo setups? About how much would a good aftermarket turbo cost, and what else would I need to buy to get one installed? I've been around the Supra scene for a while, but I'm just now getting into the modding part since I finally have money to do so. Any links or tips on what to do next will help a lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
sp-61 is a great choice man..Alot of Mk3 7m guys are running it, great spool up and match up to other bigger turbos..In fact im going to be getting a sp-61 too :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
but before anything...I would definately recommend rebuilding the motor if you want to go big...get a Metal head gasket, for sure if havent done so yet....

·
SF Lurker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sadil said:
I know somebody in Tulsa who can fix you up on the head work. It's the same guy working on my head.
adil
Could you PM me with more info? What else would I need to get? Or what would I need to do for the block? I'm trying to learn as much as I can so help me out everybody!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts