Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Autometer boost gauge in the mail.
Well, in the directions, and in front of me, I got these things. "Adapter", "Ferrule" so something like that.

Basically the things that connect the hose to the gauge, its not like a clamp on style thing, its got bolts and shit, I dunno what to do... :1poke:

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
the little ferrule thinger goes inside where the boost line goes into the back of the gauge. IT keeps the line from pulling out of the back of the gauge.

~scott

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm, call me stupid........
I'll get a pic in a minute, im still confused on this.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok ok, im a fuckin idiot, I just didnt tighten it enough lol.
I got it on their now, thanks.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
ill go look at my boost gauge, hold on a sec.

~scott

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
wow...yeah i don't like ones like that, they are a pain......see if you can get a bigger vacuum line to fit over the inlet on the gauge...

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess my next question would be, where to wire the 12V? I want it hooked up to my headlight switch, since my cluster lights dont seem to work right now =( So, what color wire and where?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
it looks like you have it on there right on your desk in the second picture, thats exactlyhow my guage is hooked up.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
as for the 12V use your cigarette lighter power and ground. for the lights, that way when you flick the lights on the gauge lights come on, the needle will move itself.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K cool, thank you. I'm headed down to the car right now :nervous:

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, just drove around, here's a few things I noticed, and not ever driving a turbo car before, I wanna know if all this sounds right.

1. Sits around -20Vac at idle and if crusing without the pedal down.
2. If I'm at say 5K, and I let off the throttle to say half way, gauge reads in the -Vac, around 20
3. Gauge passes 0 mark at about 2700rpm, and hit full boost of 10psi at about 3700-3800rpm
4. If rpm's are high, just coasting, and I give gas, I need to go more then halfway with pedal before it'll even try to start showing past the 0 mark and into boost.

1JZ of course :)

Oh and I used a bolt behind my a-pillar pod for the ground, and I sent the power wire to my dimmer switch, even though the cluster lights dont work, I tapped into it before it hits the switch, so the gauge lights up like, fuckin awsome :) The cobalts looks badass, cant wait to buy my other 2

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
sounds like you are running great! enjoy man.

~scott

·
1jz FTW!
369 Posts
I actually just install a few gauges in my car today and here what i would change if I were you. Wire the 12V for the light in the boost gauge to the GREEN wire comming off the back of your dimmer. That way the light in the gauge isnt always on. It will ony turn on if you turn your lights on. Plus it looks better.

-Tim

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats where I put it :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts