Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh My God im ****ing pissed!
Im driving normally, come home and park the car, let it idle, and when i open the door a cloud of white smoke blows by me. IM like WTF is that!?
please no BHG is all im thinking. i turn the car off and go to start it 30 min. later hoping that it was just condensation or something. NOPe. so i take for a drive, get on to 528 and boost i. when im slowing i put my foot on the gas and the car jumps and lurches so i pull over. i pop the hood and oil is everywhere. It
turns out i think i blew a turbo seal? the reason i say this is i took everything apart, cleaned it, and put it back together and it only goes up to 2200 RPM and the turbo dosent spool (0psi) and it sounds like shit. when i pull over after i put it back together it smells like burning oil and shit loads of white smoke are coming from the turbo :sadance:

So is it a blown turbo seal? does this require a new turbo or a rebuild?

thanks for the help as search is not working :bigthumb:

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
smoke and no boost sounds like a turbo.. but in the engine bay.. thats weird..

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya oil came out through where the afm is and through the intake and the turbo cols side cracked and oil was coming out there and also the turbo manifold.
lol im fizzucking pissed

·
231 Posts
My turbo had bad seals for awhile, everytime I idled or decelerated a puff of nasty blue smoke would come out. In my case, I fixed it before it blew up like you described, I just got a new CT-26 off the forums here.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Pics!!

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
ohh, that dont sound to good. good luck. id wanna see some pics :)

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BrokenSupra said:
i have a stock turbo i could sell ya...
yea that would be sweet if you could, how much?

oh and i took pics after i started taking stuff apart, but it was still pretty messy :sadance:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
thats what we wanna see, the messy stuff!!

·
Boost Dealer
980 Posts
could you have blown an intercooler hose off partially??

Jeff

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
I like to take tha time to break things, because then I can justify upgrading :)

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ahmedootie said:
I like to take tha time to break things, because then I can justify upgrading :)

your right thats exactly why i was sort of happy i blew it :ugh2:

so what turbo can bolt on to the stock turbo manifold? thats an upgrade of course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts