Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive inspected my front end, the clunking or popping noise that happens when im either braking in reverse or going forward more at low speeds when braking. I looked at the bushing in the front upper and lower arm and they didnt seem to be buldging out from the sides. I also noticed that the drivers side controll arm moved just a slight bit, but the noise sounds like its coming from the passengers side ( the clunking popping noise). So i figured im gonna have 600 to spend next month, so im getting Tociko hp blues with B&g springs new front lower ball joints and outer tie rods, and also new lower front and lower bushing and i already have 2 new wheel bearings. Do u think that my front end will feel pretty tight and new if i replace all those parts. I estimated all around 600 total for parts. I get really good deals through my brother in laws wholesale pricing through accounts i have setup with some stores Shox.com decker auto supply and a couple more online sites. i figure if i replace 1 or 2 things might as well go all out, well in the sense of my budget this is all out to me LoL LoL.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
I've done the ST Sway Bars, Tokico and Eibach Combo, but the biggest difference I had was replacing the control arm bushings(Ones that could be replaced), new balljoints(Also replacing the ones that could be), new tie rod ends, and new wheel bearings. After that job the car felt so solid when going over mild bumps where as before it felt sloppy. Steering is tight as can be. Be sure to get an alignment after you replace everything. Good luck and enjoy the finished product.

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
SupraT91 said:
Well ive inspected my front end, the clunking or popping noise that happens when im either braking in reverse or going forward more at low speeds when braking.
Mine makes the same noise, also from the pass. side, when turning in my driveway. Turned out that BOTH of my lower ball joints are bad (not making a noise from the drivers side tho'.....). If you raise the front end, the have someone watch the lower ball joint, push the wheel straight up.....if it's the ball joint bad, they should be able to see it move.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come to think about it, im gonna rebuild my brake calipers as well. Man i got alot of work ahead of me, but i love doing suspension, i have pretty good experience when it comes to suspension. Ive had my 240sx down for 2 weeks. i replaced 24 bushings, full tein coilover, sway bars f+r. I also made a couple custom braces for the interior and bottom part of the chassis. After all that, my 240sx was able to do some amazing shit. Like drift around turns with so much controll and feel, i was hitting 65-80 mph drifts near our drift track near bakersfield. I had the best trap speed drift in all 4 corners at 79-80 mph. Man how i miss my 240sx Sr20det powered little monster.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
I know this a 5 year old thread. It was the only result I got from searching. Mine is still making this exact same noise after putting new front lower control arm bushings and both balljoints.
Did anybody experience this same noise and got rid of it? what was the main culprit? I can replace the upper arms but they are 300 plus each! Thanks.

~Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts