Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red 95 N/A- i am planning on upgrading my stock system and i need a little help. First off- i need to know the stock speaker sizes.I know all of the sizes except for the two in the back seat area. I want to put one 10" punch HX2 in the back hatch area but i dont know my options. I know i probably have a lot of options but unfortunaltely im 15 and dont have a lot of cash like Mr. Akimoto. Anyways, is there any way i could get it custom for not so high of price. - I live outside of orlando- so i would greatly appreciate it if you guys could fill me in on any good audio or performance stores in the orlando area. thanx :confused:

·
651 Posts
You will be able to fit a 5 1/4" speaker in the back locations easily. A 6.5" or larger will go back there with a bit of cutting/work.

As fara as the box, I don't know of a shop in the Orlando area. I have been known to build and ship boxes all over the US specifically for a Supra. Before I tell you your options I need a few more questions answered.

Do you have a targa top and if so, do you want to maintain the stock targa top storage location?

Do you want to maintain your spare tire?

Let's start with those questions and we'll go from there.

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,
yes i do have a targa- i would like to retain the targa spage in the hatch. But i can do without the spare.Will the 5 1/4" speakers will fit in the back seat area without cutting? thanx ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a JL 8W3 subwoofer with enclosure custom made for the supra, that i'm selling, along with a soundstream angina 200W amplifier, for $200 shipped... email me if you are interested and I can send you a picture.

-warren

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
warren...anychance you can tell me more about that box you built or pictures or or even measurements would be great...I am thinking of a kicker solobaric 10...ideas?? anyone?

·
651 Posts
I can build a box that fits down in the stock sub location for either a single 10" sub (Most brands that work in small-sealed enlosures are fine) OR two 8" subs.

You can either supply the sub/subs or I will sell you one/pair for a fair price.

The enlosure that goes in the stock sub location retains the targa storage and keeps all spare tire goodies intact. We are able to get right over 1 cubic foot with the box and have built them for many Supa owners with good results and feedback.

They enclosure is $325 plus shipping and whichever sub/subs you wish to use.

Tom Kenyon

·
651 Posts
I will send it to whomever but I can not post it cause' I am just a dumb stereo guy and haven't figured out how to do that complex computer stuff....

Tom Kenyon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts