Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a member of the Tennessee Tubs, a group of Porsche 356 enthusiasts.

Once a year we are invited to Cal Turner III's 200 acre spread outside Nashville for a get together of Porsche enthusiasts, a 356 show, a display of Cal's car collection, and a nice BBQ lunch.

I just got back a little bit ago, and wanted to post a few pictures of some of his cars. His collection is quite amazing.

Here's a few pics of his Carrera GT...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few pics of his stunning blue 997 Ruf...I really want this car!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few pics of Cal's vintage race car. I overheard someone say ti was worth well in excess of $1 million.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few more of his cars...

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
there are other options for the knob, so don't get your panties twisted. There was aluminum, leather and CF knob options. The knob options were REALLY expensive on purpose and most were delivered like that.

That being said - this car sucks too because of the shift knob:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Never said the car sucked. And I know the history behind it. Doesnt mean I have to like it.

Oh well, it's not like I'll ever own one anyway. If somone likes it, more power to them.

·
Saved
643 Posts
I like the touch of Balsa, I think it's a nice tribute to the history of the use of it in racing. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't balsa wood the predecessor of carbon fiber? Lightweight and stiff, if not a little flammable.

Josh

·
6,137 Posts
Just venting - I dont like the CGT, but for a car as capable as it I wouldn't care if the shift knob was made of fecal matter.

I like the touch of Balsa, I think it's a nice tribute to the history of the use of it in racing. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't balsa wood the predecessor of carbon fiber? Lightweight and stiff, if not a little flammable.

Josh
Its birch :nervous:

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
Unreal. Most men aspire to own one Porshe in their lifetime. This guy is living the dream. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got back in from dinner, so here's a few more pictures I took. These are not Cal's cars, rather other cars I admired at the show/BBQ...

·
6,137 Posts
The shifter position is just.....perfect for the track.

Fixed.

I am just on this thread like a stripper on blow. :lol:

I haven't driven the CGT, but I have sat in and driven other cars with that type of shifter position. It is perfect for quick transitions from the wheel to the knob. Easiest way to see what I mean is drive the last gen Civic Si. But if you get the chance to drive a race car set up that way you will really understand.

I am doing a lot of defending for a car i think looks silly. :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Someone decided to show up in real style, and not drive their Porsche. They flew in in their helicopter. We all thought it was Dario and Ashley Judd, since Dario is a menber of our local Porsche Club and is an avid helicopter pilot. Alas, it wasn't them. Still, pretty damn cool.

·
Administrator
17,264 Posts
I'd rather drive a P-car than arrive by helicopter! I must be crazy! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts