Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a wild hair last night and decided to polish my valve covers WHEW! One down one to go.

Big Ups to Gadfly for sending me polishing tips back in March. I also polished my turbo intake pipe, radiator stays, the old battery tie down and a couple of other goodies under the hood. I will have completed pictures by the end of the weekend. If anyone needs tips, let me know I'll send you what Gadfly shared with me. It works!

Arch

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Scott,

Let me commit to "maybe right now", the instructions I have are great but this is in no way easy my friend. Let's see how mine turns out then I'll let you know if I'm up to it. My work travel schedule gave me a week off this week, but next week could be another story. Stay in touch though.

Arch

·
Pick it up 141!
179 Posts
Archer you will be Receiving my parts on Saturday...... I hope they are good & polish by Monday! J/K

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My car is waiting for you at daves shop. Please make it so shiny that I can trim my nose hairs by looking into them. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn maybe I'll get good at this and just open my own shop. 2nd cover stripped, and 80 grit sanded. Had to hang it up last night, I had an early morning at work. Should be able to finish this weekend.

Arch

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
quick tip:

on the lower lip on the valve covers (on the sides, where the bolt holes are) take your dremel with a 120grit flap sander, and just sand it smooth. It will have a machined finish, even if you decide not to polish it, it will look real good.

Also, do the water pipe that comes from the water pump to the upper radiator hose, it make a world of diffrence:

Ron

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
SupVader said:
Hey Scott,

Let me commit to "maybe right now", the instructions I have are great but this is in no way easy my friend. Let's see how mine turns out then I'll let you know if I'm up to it. My work travel schedule gave me a week off this week, but next week could be another story. Stay in touch though.

Arch
Hey Archer... Sorry man... I was just kidding. :) That would be a LOT to ask after meeting you guys for the first time.

Sometimes my sarcasm doesn't come through in e-mail.

Engine bay is looking sweeeeet!

-scott

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
MikeS10 said:
gad, did you say you did your turbo also?
yep.. it was sorta polished when i got it, but scratched to hell, I had to sand it down with 220 grit to get them out, then start all over again.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I'd be willing to polish some parts for $$$. baby needs new wheels & tires.... and brakes.. and AEM... and tuning... and coilovers.. and sways... and a stereo... and an RMM wing... and.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much for the intake Manifold Gad, I'm scared to even think about doing that damn thing. Its intimidating as hell!

Arch

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I'll have to think about that one... took me like 3 days to do mine... LOL

Valve covers, other stuff, np.. but that thing was a bitch...

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Gadfly said:
I'll have to think about that one... took me like 3 days to do mine... LOL

Valve covers, other stuff, np.. but that thing was a bitch...

I can do a set in one evening after work. All about the equipment. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can handle an intake manifold in one evening? Price please?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Before my compressor went down anyway. A good compressor with a die grinder and a set of bits from Eastwood makes it go quickly.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I highly recommend 97 widebody for polishing. I have seen his work, he is the freaking best at it.

I would of had him do all of mine... but I need to spend the money on parts...

·
Registered
205 Posts
hey

hey arch send me those tips to polishing....and i have a polished intake but its kinda ruffed out...any tips on making it shinyy again??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts