Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just installing some led headlight and now I noticed that one of the headlights tries to come up but fails. I can see the "motor" or actuator trying to raise it but it just can't. I can kind of pull it up and leave it up. But I have no idea how I could have caused this.

I have not touch any wires other than the headlight connectors.

edit: I was able to fix it with a socket size 14. I reached inside and was able to tighten a nut and the headlight now goes up and down.

However this caused a new problem. One heady goes up and the other one goes down. They don't seem to be want to sync. So I've disconnected the battery and I'm giving it a few hours to see it they reset whatever it is that's going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas? Now I have a light that goes up while another one comes down. Manually adjusting is not fixing the issue.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It sounds like you need to readjust the pivot arm.
What he said.

Disconnect the rod link for the problem headlight from the motor, then use the switch to raise the other headlight. This will put both motors in the up position. Reattach the rod link on the motor so that the headlight is even with the other headlight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts