Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One method to adjust ible

This is one way to adjust idle. There are two hoses that go to the pressure switch for the power steering pump (red hoses in picture). Basically you need to "T" into these hoses and add a valve. You will open the valve to increase the idle and close the valve to reduce the idle.

Later, Steve

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
omg, thank you steve

billy

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
Has anyone tried it yet??? I need to but I am unsure about where to get the "T" and the actual valve to use with it.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get a valve and fittings at Lowes Hardware.

BTW It's been on my car for almost two years.

Later, Steve

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Steve,

What kind of adjustment range are you seeing with this mod? It sounds like a winner to me. :)

Steve T.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only have mine adjusted up to about 850rpm (1,000) with the A/C on. I have never tried to go higher.

Later, Steve

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Sounds good...thanks for the added information bud. :)

Steve T.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
One quick question. If your bleeder T bleeds vacuum to incrase idle, does it not also bleed boost?? Hence a boost leak??

I'm assuming there is a one-way-check valve somewhere in there??

Sounds like the solution to the common idle problem.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The valve does not "bleed" any air. It mearly lets more air bypasses the throttle plate. You have no boost leak with this mod.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
I am a little confused how do you "T" into the vaccum lines? Do you have to do it to both hoses?

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: One method to adjust ible

Steve Jarvis said:
This is one way to adjust idle. There are two hoses that go to the pressure switch for the power steering pump (red hoses in picture). Basically you need to "T" into these hoses and add a valve. You will open the valve to increase the idle and close the valve to reduce the idle.

Later, Steve
Yes its easy. You put more air even when the buterfly is closed. Because one hose id before and second after main buterfly of intake.

It is like you shorten control cable for gasspedal :D

And for another asks: No boost leek beacuse it stays closed system.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
hi ppl, im new here!!!
btw, wat is this idle problem u guys r talking about? i have an automatic and when it is idling, it makes this weird sound unless i shift to neutral, is that the idle problem u guys talking about?

·
11,221 Posts
Well it's teed off into the power steering pump, so I think it's universal. I still don't know how to do this mod though.

So how about you get started, and if you're successful get back to me :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts