Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm such a newbie when it comes to wheels, offsets, and tires so any help would be greatly appreciated. The wheels that I'm looking at are the Ruff Racing 278's. I'm not sure what offsets these wheels are available in, but the ones I'm looking at are 35mm offset. The specs are below. If these are functional, if anybody has any tire recomendations as well, feel free to toss those in.

* Front: 18"x8.5"
* Rear: 18"x9.5
* 35mm offset
* Gunmetal with polished lip
* 5x120 lug pattern
* Style 278

THANKS! :bigthumb:

By the way, these will be going on my 93 NA.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I just plugged your numbers into Steve's fitment guide which is a sticky here and according to that reliable source: the front size you mention can handle up to a 235 tire with no mods and up to a 255 tire if you do the "tab bent and/or top screw removed" (you may also want to consider whether or not a 255 tire should even be on an 8.5" wide rim); the rear wheel size you mention can handle up to a 265 tire with no mods and up to a 275 tire with a roll/cut fender; IMO a 275 tire is about the widest reasonable size to put on a 9.5" wide wheel anyway.

None of the above addresses if that wheel will clear your brakes, so make sure they do.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yea I was playing with that spreadsheet, but wasn't sure if I was doing it right or not. I know there's guys on here who are MUCH more knowledgable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts