Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I do? I can't see why it would do this.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racefiend said:
what the hell is a pop up?
Umm isn't it pretty obvious?? :wtf:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the same problem with my passenger side headlamp. It only comes up 75% and when it goes down it still sticks up about a half inch. If I want it to look normal I have to adjust it manually every time which is a PITA. So I would like to know this answer also.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I had the same problem when my car got back from the body shop (they do good work cheap... but they suck at finishing the little things).

What I did was take off the arm that rotates to push the head light up that is attatched to the motor and just rotated it over one tooth (sorry can't remember what direction) and adjusted the linkage to get it perfect.

It takes some contorting to get to all the nuts you need. I only removed the sealed beam and was able to get to it with a stubby wrench. Good luck.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it isn't pretty obvious. Please be more specific next time so people don't have to waste their time trying to figure out what you are asking. Thanks.
I don't see how its not obvious... what the hell do you call them? ** headlight units ** ?

·
Guidando su due rotelle
1,908 Posts
Well when someone says popup reffering to the mk3 i think of the head lights.......

My .02

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would have been 1000 times easier to just say "One of my headlights only goes up and down about 3/4th's of the way. What could possibly cause this?"

Pretty easy if you ask me. :rolleyes:
Well if it was easier I would have done it. I wasn't like , oh lets make this post hard for everyone to understand, considering I'm asking for help and all...

I really had no clue that people wouldn't understand what I ment ( although most people do! ), my bad dude chill! :D

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fatboy said:
yea, for'eal man, why not just say headlight....
Seriously when did you guys ride your panties so high? :( Chill guys, sorry!

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
:doh: Pop up headlights. I kept trying to think of what pops up on the mk3 and didn't even think of the headlights. Sorry to start a war over it :D

Anyways, have you tried to raise/lower them by hand, using the manual knobs? Can you feel anything binding? Could be anything from a cracked plastic rod connector to something stuck on one of the rubber stoppers.

Christian

S

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem with my headlights. What I did was first tried to use the manual crank to adjust both headlights at the same height, but i soon found out that once I turn the headlights off, they would go back to their original position and I'd be sutck at the start again. If the manual crank doesn't help you, try adjusting the arm by twisting the nut. There are a few nuts on the arm, but the one you want to twist is in the middle on the threads. Try that. That fixed it for me. If that doesn't help you, it may be the motor that flips your headlights up and down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts