Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought what was advertised as a Tial 44m Wastegate for 250.00 from onefastsupra. I ended up sending 340.00 paypal (the extra 90.00 being for the dump tube flange, dumb tube, mani flange, shipping, fees, and hardware) on 4-18-06. The 18th when I sent payment was a Tues and I told him I needed it by Friday and he said he would gaurantee that it was here by Friday. He waited until Thursday to send and ended up overnighting it, it was something like 49.00, but it did get here Friday as agreed. When I recieved it I discovered the the wastegate was in fact a 46mm gate and did not come with the mani flange, and hardware(bolts,etc.), and will need a nipple on top of the gate. I was not happy getting a 46 when I purchased an advertised 44mm, but I was willing to swallow that if the other details of the transaction went well as planned. He sent me a PM stating that he needed to get the mani flange removed and had not yet so he will waive the overnight shipping fee instead of sending the mani flange. I explained that I would need the mani flange, so he agreed to go to a shop and have the flange cut off and he requested that I send the 30.00 to cover getting it cut off and then whatever shipping it was. So on 4-24-06 I send 45.00 to cover these expenses because I was just tired of the headache and wanted it done. He tells me then that the shop broke the mani flange, but that I can get one from anywhere. I end up ordering a new flange from ForcedInductions.com just to get this thing on my car to even find out if it works or not and FI either sends me the wrong flange or this isnt even a 46mm gate!! So at this point I PM'd the seller and just said refund my money and I will send back this item. He claims to not have the money and that he will find a flange,etc. Now the seller has never been rude to me or anything like that, but this transaction has just grown unnacceptable. I just want my 385.00 back and I will send his item back to him EXACTLY as it came to me. I havent altered it in any way.
Thanks, Billy
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
sounds totaly unacceptable :furious: i also suggest a full refund!
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off the phone with paypal and issued a complaint for the 340.00 and the 45.00 as well. If he sends me a refund without having to have paypal enforce it I will come on here and let everyone know that he has fixed this problem.
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
89MKIIIT said:
I just got off the phone with paypal and issued a complaint for the 340.00 and the 45.00 as well. If he sends me a refund without having to have paypal enforce it I will come on here and let everyone know that he has fixed this problem.
sounds more than fair !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
I don't think he need to charge you another $ 45 for the flange. If the mechine shop broke the flange they need to make a new one free of charge. The thing I did not understand is what difference it make to send the item overnight with less parts.
adil
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sadil said:
I don't think he need to charge you another $ 45 for the flange. If the mechine shop broke the flange they need to make a new one free of charge. The thing I did not understand is what difference it make to send the item overnight with less parts.
adil
I agree 100%. The shop should replace that part. Ya I do appreciate his effort to get it to me by the deadline, but as you said it does no good to get it here without ALL the parts.
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mac's_t88 said:
man i really dont no why people are so shady those days just give him his money... and i dont no why those people get a 2nd chance in the forum just get read of them you guys have the power to do that
just athought
hope you get your money back man
Mack

Thanks man. I agree. I just have a hard time not making something right with someone.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
im only going to put one piece into this stupid thread.

as far as the delay went, im guilty of that.

I had told him first off i had a flange for the wastegate but it was welded on the manifold. and i told him that i didnt want to sell him the flange with it because it was welded onto the manifold. within the past month he has tried to locate a flange but no one had one in stock. I made time in my busy schedule to take the manifold to a machine shop and get the flange cut off. The mechine shop told me it would cost alot of money and be risky since it was welded on so much. I let him know about the price they wanted and the risk invovled. Long story short when they tried to cut it off it broke the welds in a way that was not able to be put on again. He never paid for the flange or the labor for me to try to take it off, i told him that i just would cover it.

he has been requesting a refund for the past month since he cant find a flange for the manifold. He says that everyone tells him they are on back order. He wanted to send me the wastegate back and get his money back so he could buy a new one from tial that would come with the flange. I however did not agree to his request since he has had the wastegate for a month and i have already spent the money.

now over a month later im getting a story that this wastegate is the wrong one?
take it from my point of view please.
A. this guy has been trying to get a refund since he bought the product as it without a flange and cant find one so he wants me to buy it baCK since he cant find a flange?
B. how do i know that this isnt a set-up to get his money back to get what he wanted to do from point A. and buy a new one with a flange.
C. how do i know he didnt switch out the wastegates within the month he has had it.

To me there is no reason why i should give him a refund a month after recieving the product and after trying to get his money back because he cant find a place to buy a flange for it. So either hes lying about this to get what he wants and it is the right gate, or he switched them out with the new one he bought and trying to send me a diff one back.

I told him i will call the shop i bought it from monday and make sure they gave me the right gate.

As far as im concerd unless i find out that the gate was givin to me wrong, i will not refun him his money due to lack of proof.
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
onefastsupra said:
im only going to put one piece into this stupid thread.

as far as the delay went, im guilty of that.

I had told him first off i had a flange for the wastegate but it was welded on the manifold. and i told him that i didnt want to sell him the flange with it because it was welded onto the manifold. within the past month he has tried to locate a flange but no one had one in stock. I made time in my busy schedule to take the manifold to a machine shop and get the flange cut off. The mechine shop told me it would cost alot of money and be risky since it was welded on so much. I let him know about the price they wanted and the risk invovled. Long story short when they tried to cut it off it broke the welds in a way that was not able to be put on again. He never paid for the flange or the labor for me to try to take it off, i told him that i just would cover it.

he has been requesting a refund for the past month since he cant find a flange for the manifold. He says that everyone tells him they are on back order. He wanted to send me the wastegate back and get his money back so he could buy a new one from tial that would come with the flange. I however did not agree to his request since he has had the wastegate for a month and i have already spent the money.

now over a month later im getting a story that this wastegate is the wrong one?
take it from my point of view please.
A. this guy has been trying to get a refund since he bought the product as it without a flange and cant find one so he wants me to buy it baCK since he cant find a flange?
B. how do i know that this isnt a set-up to get his money back to get what he wanted to do from point A. and buy a new one with a flange.
C. how do i know he didnt switch out the wastegates within the month he has had it.

To me there is no reason why i should give him a refund a month after recieving the product and after trying to get his money back because he cant find a place to buy a flange for it. So either hes lying about this to get what he wants and it is the right gate, or he switched them out with the new one he bought and trying to send me a diff one back.

I told him i will call the shop i bought it from monday and make sure they gave me the right gate.

As far as im concerd unless i find out that the gate was givin to me wrong, i will not refun him his money due to lack of proof.

You did not inform me that the manifold flange was a problem until you 'forgot' to send it. I can post PM"s if you would like. It only became an issue when you forgot to send it. Our agreement was simple...I send an extra 90.00(250.00 for the gate and the 90.00 for accessories..340.00 total) for ALL the flanges, dump tube, hardware, and shipping. Again I can post PM's if you'd like.
You are correct that I have been tryin to locate a flange for a 44mm as you stated as opposed to asking for a refund, but all 44's are on back order....Even though it was the wrong gate in the first place( you can view this for yourself at www.tialsport.com and if need be I have a performance shop that can vouch for this being the wrong gate) AND without the hardware as agreed, I was still trying to go out of my way to locate a flange so that I wouldnt have to ask for a refund. I have bent over backwords here and you have not helped. I have to be honest though I have grown tired of this and sent money for a product COMPLETE AS AGREED. Which was a 44mm Tial Wastegate with flanges and hardware. Not a 46mm gate missing a flange and hardware. If that were the case I might have still bought it, but for 315.00 or so, not the 385.00 I have in it now.
I didnt send money for the labor? What was that 45.00 I sent to you????
The 45.00 was to help out per your request on the flange and shipping.
All due respect here....Half your story isnt 100% factual!!!!
Unfortunately for me many of our conversations took place over AIM so I dont have PM's for as much info as I'd like, I will post what PM's I have, but Id rather it not get to that.
I believe you when you say you work a lot, but this needs to be taken care of. I work a lot also, but that doesnt stop me from PM'ing every evening.
How long should I wait for a resolution? Another month?
So here I am out 385.00 with this 46mm wastegate sitting in my living room without any bolts or manifold flange. So I should just forget our original agreement and buy new stuff? Is that how you conduct business?

If you need confirmation of my honesty as far as your questioning if I would switch a product, please ask anyone who knows me on this forum..including Ranger498.
I understand that you dont want to refund my money because you dont have it, but something needs to be done.
Just make this right.
I will still make this very simple. Either send me a 46mm manifold flange and the hardware(bolts,etc.) for the wastegate or send me 45.00 back. Or of course a complete refund
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
JP IMPORTZ said:
Billy i still don't understand. Did you want to purchase the 44mm from him and he sent the 46mm? Please make it clear.
JPI Racing
Yes I did want to purchase the 44mm gate from him and that is why I even made the purchase because he advertised it as a 44mm gate. Had I known it was a 46mm gate I would not have purchased.

At first I was tryin to be nice about the whole deal and make it work so I began tryin to order flanges for the so-called 44mm wastegate that I recieved and everyone had them on backorder, but finally a shop sent me one and it was a v band flange. It was at that point I confirmed that it was not a 44mm gate, but in fact a 46mm gate.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
I never looked at my paypal acount. i remember you sending the 45 dollars for the labor and shipping of the flange. I never accepted the payment to my knolage but somehow it went through. i sent you the money back for that. and i will send you the hardware on tues as i promised.

again i didnt realized that 45 dollar payment was in my paypal acount, u never mentioned that you payed the 45 for the flange. i sent yout that back
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
89MKIIIT said:
Yes I did want to purchase the 44mm gate from him and that is why I even made the purchase because he advertised it as a 44mm gate. Had I known it was a 46mm gate I would not have purchased.

At first I was tryin to be nice about the whole deal and make it work so I began tryin to order flanges for the so-called 44mm wastegate that I recieved and everyone had them on backorder, but finally a shop sent me one and it was a v band flange. It was at that point I confirmed that it was not a 44mm gate, but in fact a 46mm gate.

wait.. so he sent you a bigger gate (by 2 mm) and your complaining? yea.... somethin isnt makin sense... :eek4dance
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Ckanderson said:
wait.. so he sent you a bigger gate (by 2 mm) and your complaining? yea.... somethin isnt makin sense... :eek4dance

-buyer saw add for 44 gate sent payment
-seller: sent gate
-buyer : gate arrived but its a 46 not 44 like i wanted and this thing is incomplet .
-seller: stated flange was welded on pipe and buyer needs to pay to have it taken off .
-buyer said ok .sent 45 bucks and wanted the flange and other items.
-buyer tells seller the shop that took the flange off broke it so no flange
-seller was like well i want a refund or the flange and other items it did not come with as i cant locate them my self
-me price went from $250 to $385.00 some how and item is still incomplet :1poke:
-now this thread

fs link
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358995

well i hope you guys work this out sound like a lot of misunderstandings :(
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ranger498 said:
-buyer saw add for 44 gate sent payment
-seller: sent gate
-buyer : gate arrived but its a 46 not 44 like i wanted and this thing is incomplet .
-seller: stated flange was welded on pipe and buyer needs to pay to have it taken off .
-buyer said ok .sent 45 bucks and wanted the flange and other items.
-buyer tells seller the shop that took the flange off broke it so no flange
-seller was like well i want a refund or the flange and other items it did not come with as i cant locate them my self
-me price went from $250 to $385.00 some how and item is still incomplet :1poke:
-now this thread

fs link
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358995

well i hope you guys work this out sound like a lot of misunderstandings :(

Thats pretty much the jist of it....Somehow I ended up paying 385.00 for an as advertised 250.00!!!!The seller did send the 45.00 back to me, I ordered the flange, and the seller said that he is sending the other hardware by this Friday so I hope it all pans out.
 

·
10'S BABY
Joined
·
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Seller refunded 45.00, but sent no other hardware and hasnt responded to my PM's so I guess I will just buy all the hardware myself. It isnt much, but its the principal of the deal...I mean...why make a deal if both parties dont stand by it??? He was nice, but made me wait for things, but I sure didnt make him wait to get his money. I hate that a thread had to be created in the first place, but hopefully this will alert any future buyers. I dont think the seller had bad intentions, but he did not advertise properly and would not stand by his product and refund it when I asked for a refund.

Just for the record...I was wrong about it being a 46mm wastegate. I thought it was due to a similar design, but it is in fact a 40mm gate.

The flange will be in Friday and I will install the WG this weekend. I will post my results as far as quality of the WG.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top