Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an online trading site to manage Roth IRA, traditional IRA/rolled over 401k/403b, and possibly a separate account for trading/dabbling.

All I read online is bitter and poor reviews on all the discount brokers :(

I was considering Tradeking, ScotTrade, TD Ameritrade, or maybe a few others?

I need my trusted SFOT people with experience to help me out here...Who should I sign up with? Please offer some salient reasons to go with one company or personal input on why you do not recommend a particular broker.

Thanks a ton!

Adam
Finally back from Europe if anyone missed me?! :)

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
You can give all your money to me. I guarantee 10-15% returns yearly. Just be sure to tell all your friends and family members about me.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen a lot on Scottrade/Ameritrade and have also considered the newer offering of TradeKing. Can someone illuminate why Scottrade versus Ameritrade since these are the only 2 suggestions so far? Why should I chose one over the other?

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,976 Posts
ive only needed td so i cant compare, their fills are good as well as co. serv.,

they are prolly a little more expensive than scott or tk but all the branches

and full banking make up for the extra cost, if their is any.

dl this when you get up and running http://www.quotetracker.com/

·
Registered
572 Posts
thinkorswim won barrons best online trading. 4.5/5 iirc

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does think or swim allow after hours trades? Automatic dividend reinvestment for free? Partial shares purchases for auto reinvestment? I will look into that site too before I jump, but continued input appreciated.

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
I did extensive research back when I chose mine regarding features, price/fees, positive vs. negative feedback from longtime brokerage users and Scottrade came out on top for me, and has been doing great for me ever since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts