Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 93.5 TT Auto with a BCC, Full exhaust, Bleeder T and Cold air intake. I have both turbos timed to come on at 4000 rpms. I just put my bleeder T on and I can only hit 14 PSI. Have I done something wrong? It said if I pull both lines off I will be able to hit 20 psi so I did that and still only 14 psi. Could my boost gague be wrong. Need some help,

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
103 Posts
firstly "the turbo's are timed to come on at 4000rpm" - you probably meant TTC mode, i would be getting somebody in the know to check the setup if you did it yourself

secondly your wastegate appears to be disconnected and the spring is your boost controller

wastegate operation - compressed air goes from the compressor housing on the front turbo to the wastegate actuator, the bleed air from thw wastegate actuator goes through a solenoid valve back into the intake

the factoty boost control solenoid IS a bleed valve i.e. it is normally open and the ecu closes it to trap the compressed air in the wastegate actuator - as the pressure of the compressed air in the actuator increases it is forced open

that is basically it - apart from PWM which you can google

so leave everything as per stock, then put the bleed valve in-line with the solenoid between the wastegate actuator and the solenoid

·
Registered
967 Posts
I am assuming by "full exhaust" you mean a catless dp right? Otherwise with the cats in place you may not hit much more than 14psi even with the wastegate hose pulled. Make sure you are putting the bleeder in the correct position. Also, you could be pulling the wrong hose as well. If you are putting the bleeder in the correct position/pulling the right hose and have a catless downpipe, I would start checking the operation of the sequential components if you are not running permanent ttc (remember, ETTC and temp ttc still rely on the sequential components to be operating correctly)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I guess you don't need that BCC (sorry, a little punchy today)... What are you using for a boost gauge? I would assume you can tell the difference between 14 and 18 psig boost so the guage is probably in the vicinity of correct.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can read the boost gauge. 14psi. I took the picture on one of these websites and read it to the letter so I know it has to be put on right. what else should I do? There is no one in Richmond VA who knows Supras. \\

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts