Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few friends here on the forum I could probably call and bug for an answer, but while I am at work I figured I would put this out to you guys on the forum.
I took the car out for a quick run yesterday since my brother's friend wanted a ride. For some reason, the car was only pulling an average of 15 to 16 psi on runs through 2nd and 3rd gear. It is unusual since in January and February when it was cooler the car would spike to 22psi at times. I was just a little worried since the highest reading I had was about 17.4 psi yesterday. Most of my quick sprints would result in about 16psi for some reason. Any ideas?

My mods are: FMIC, MaxAirbox, DP, Exhaust, BC, BCC, SAFC.

G

·
well that should be the max you would want to boost. timing gets pulled out like crazy above 16-17psi. colder air you will get more boost thats a given.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I figured cooler air was the reason for the higher numbers previously, but only seeing 15-16psi pulling through 2nd, 3rd, and into 4th had me worried.

G

·
yeah i wouldnt be worried. if it drops off to like 12-14 psi i would start searching for boost leaks. try doing a run around 12-1am at night and see if there is a difference. i mostly boost 17 psi during the day and 18-19psi at night but i havent spiked to anything over 20.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,401 Posts
I hope you are not running stock fuel at 22psi.

I had the issue of my boost creaping to 17 psi even with boost controller off. In my case it was the boost controller connection. ( I think if you have bcc and downpipe the stock twins will go up to 17, at least it was im my case). What kind of boost controller do you have? check the settings. Good luck.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
supradup said:
yeah i wouldnt be worried. if it drops off to like 12-14 psi i would start searching for boost leaks. try doing a run around 12-1am at night and see if there is a difference. i mostly boost 17 psi during the day and 18-19psi at night but i havent spiked to anything over 20.
^^Same here...and those late night runs are a blast :bigthumb:

Mark

·
Registered
661 Posts
yea, mine runs 17psi in the day time and when the temp gets cooler it can hit 18-19 psi.

·
Registered
643 Posts
does only obd2 pull timing above 16 psi? i havent even ever heard of this problem... or does resting the ecu prevent timing form being pulled temporarily for a few quick sprints at >16psi?

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Drivenfaster said:
does only obd2 pull timing above 16 psi? i havent even ever heard of this problem... or does resting the ecu prevent timing form being pulled temporarily for a few quick sprints at >16psi?
Both OBDI and OBDII do this. It's not a problem, it's saving your engine. Run the appropriate octane for the boost level and you'll never have timing pulled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts