Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vehicle in question is a 94 TT with following mods: stock twins, Blitz 3 row FMIC, Greddy bypass valve, Greddy Profec-B, Greddy BCC, 12v fuel mod. The boost controller is set on high boost turned all the way up but it only reaches 16 psi(yea i know thats weird) but it still runs strong. I dyno'd it last Sunday and it only pulled 333 hp and 348 ft/lbs. This seems low, I suspect the dyno tech didn't disable traction control but would that have an effect? Any ideas on what to check out? Thanks in advance.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock twins? Only 16 PSI? That sounds about right..

Think about it - none of the other mods are really going to increase your HP an appreciable amount barring high boost (12 volt mod... you don't need any more fuel unless your boost is higher) and the FMIC (rolling down the highway will keep this thing cool and net gains... not sitting on a dyno ;) )

Did you ice the intercooler down at least?

·
Registered
807 Posts
put in a couple gallons of race gas, reset the ecu and pick up your free 40 hp.

Justin

·
Registered
350 Posts
330whp sounds about right.... Two years go I put down
336whp @15 psi and 360whp @18psi with just bleeder-T mod and down pipe. My car is an auto.

Boosting2day

·
Registered
691 Posts
dp/exhaust, intake, and plugs... 1.08 bar from boost creep in 4th (6 speed)... went from 289 to 370 something

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Ya

The parts your have listed really don't add any power, they just free up power that was already there. I see in your sig, its says "True Sleeper" or something along those lines. Does that mean you are running a TRUE sleeper with your STOCK dp, and exhaust:eek: Lets hope not, those two parts are essential for making bigger numbers! Also, I didn't see bcc in there, get one of those too if you want more power in higher rpms! Without a bcc, its retarding your timing to bring your boost back down, which decreases hp in the higher rpms, which is where most is found:D Hope this helps!
-Ryan

NM, I see you have a bcc!!!;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
if you are only making 16 psi on high boost you have a boost leak. pressureize your system and check for a leak

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
The car has exhaust, unsure about downpipe. I could have swore he said it was running 18 or 19 psi.

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
EdwardETraylorIII said:
Stock twins? Only 16 PSI? That sounds about right..

Think about it - none of the other mods are really going to increase your HP an appreciable amount barring high boost (12 volt mod... you don't need any more fuel unless your boost is higher) and the FMIC (rolling down the highway will keep this thing cool and net gains... not sitting on a dyno ;) )

Did you ice the intercooler down at least?
My car has always dyno'd 25~30 rwhp higher with the 3 row than it did on the stock IC, and also loses no more than 1 or 2 rwhp from the 1st to the 3rd pull.

Lest you think I had issues with the stock IC, I made 425 rwhp at straight BPU.

I've never done any of those cheater tricks like icing the IC or intake, or spraying the IC with anything.

The big FMIC is a big heat sink even without airflow, it has a lot more thermal mass to heat up than the small stocker, which is why (along with less restriction to airflow) it gains power on the dyno, along with better repeatability.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car has always dyno'd 25~30 rwhp higher with the 3 row than it did on the stock IC
My (former)MKIV did the opposite. Lower rwhp with a HKS FMIC and higher with the stocker. Stock twins too I would mention. I think 333rwph sounds about right but high boost @ 16psi sure sounds like a leak.

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
TOMsSupra said:
My (former)MKIV did the opposite. Lower rwhp with a HKS FMIC and higher with the stocker. Stock twins too I would mention. I think 333rwph sounds about right but high boost @ 16psi sure sounds like a leak.
I've seen at least half a dozen dynos (on SF) that back up my results. If the car was strong before the front mount it was even stronger after.

My trap speeds picked up ~2-3 mph on average also.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've seen at least half a dozen dynos (on SF) that back up my results. If the car was strong before the front mount it was even stronger after.
That is just the case with my car. :dunno:

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
TOMsSupra said:
That is just the case with my car. :dunno:
Strange. Did you ever run it at the track? Did the trap speed pick up?

·
Registered
885 Posts
make sure you have the downpipe meaning no fuckin CATS or at least a highflow, its the KEY!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sorry for taking so long to respond. E. E. Traylor-I did not ice the intercooler. HanSolo the Supra in question is not my car, I own a Mustang(ask SSSupra). The car has a Horsepower Freaks D/P, Medallion offroad mid pipe and muffler. Its also a six speed.~~ Taste the rainbow, Skittles(inside joke), what did you dyno?

One last really important thing.. It has 155,000 miles with the stock twins.

·
Tom
46 Posts
I'm not sure if your engine is not quite as strong or if mine is a little stronger than average (no offense); but I have intake, exhaust, DP, greddy 3-row, and stock boost and made 343rwhp and 317tq. I heard they were pretty good for me but I don't have much to compare to for similar mods...but we have similar to compare, kinda.
*peace*
Tom

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
I have to shake my head at how low expectations have become for a Supra on stock twins.

Five years ago when I first got into this Supra thing it was taken for granted that a BPU car would make at least 400 rwhp, the only caveat being octane rating of the gas used. If the number was lower than this there was something wrong, something that needed troubleshooting and fixing.

Now we have folks in this thread who think less than 350 rwhp is normal.

I guess the cars are getting older, more beat up and poorly maintained. :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts