Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? I hope not!! It only seems to happen in second gear. I have BPU ++, FMIC, AFC, SSBOV. I do alot of pulls in second gear. Is it not recommended to drive these cars hard in 1st and 2nd gear? I seem to get alot of wheel spin in second gear, so I am hoping its only wheel spin, but sometimes I can swear I do not feel any whell spin, however, its kinda hard to be able to tell perfectly if your tires are spinning or not with track control off. A better question, how or what is the trigger point for the track control system to kick in, like wheel spin % or something like that?
thanks

·
3,148 Posts
On a second gear roll at anything lower than 50 degrees my rear tires just won't hold. :) Your clutch is probably fine. If it were your clutch and slipped in secong, it would slip worse in 3rd-6th gear.

Later, Steve

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did not replace flywheel, but I did have a reputable place resurface it for me.

·
651 Posts
Well, from what little I know about the dual mass flywheel that is used in the Supra, it is not wise to resurface. Regardless of the shop! I have heard of some people having good results when they resurfaced their flywheel and some that have had problems you are describing.

The bottom line is this... I have never heard of premature clutch failure when a new flywheel was installed and done correctly. Only with a resurfaced flywheel.. It is majorly a "hit or miss" senario when it comes to using resurfaced flywheels in Supras.

That is my guess as to what your problem is. I think you know the difference between excessive wheel spin and a slipping clutch?

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts