Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that i took the car out and raced a known 12.30 mustang it runs 110 thru the traps and he spanked me by at least 4mph from a 40mph roll on, my car was only putting down 7psi. if anyone may know why let me know...
hard pipe
stock cat
stock twins
greddy bov
3in 5zigen exhaust
unothodox underdrive pulleys
new motor
new turbos
gauge hooked to intake side after throttle body
greddy side mount ic
why is the car only making 7psi ? would a boost controller help the problem or do i have a boost leak. The 7psi holds steady doesnt move at all.. thanx for help

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes same boost all the way to redline with no drop at all, second turbo is coming on , fixed that problem a while ago had a split hose feeding the actuator valve. I had no boost above 4500 when the hose was split... would a boost controller fix the problem , the turbos are brand new... thanx...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Kevin Hornsby said:
Yes same boost all the way to redline with no drop at all, second turbo is coming on , fixed that problem a while ago had a split hose feeding the actuator valve. I had no boost above 4500 when the hose was split... would a boost controller fix the problem , the turbos are brand new... thanx...
My guess is that you have a boost leak somewhere, since you already have had one hose split you should check/replace every hose. Also check ALL of the IC pipes sometimes the clamps aren't tight enough. Better yet pressurize the entire system, this is the best way to be sure you don't have a boost leak.
BTW you would probably get more responses to this in the TECH section.
good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts