Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello i hoping u guys can help me. a mk3 turbo shoud have 6 psi right. well the thing is in 1st gear i hit 3.5 psi 2nd gear 4psi 3rd gear 4.5 psi 4th gear 4.8 and 5th 5psi. i tighting all the camps i can see and still no change it runs great builds boosy quick just wont get peak boost. the weird thing is that it gets those psi boost number when i go wot from a stop and go threw the gears. now if i cruse
in 2nd 3rd or 4rd below 3k and hit the gas i build 5 to 5.5 psi why can i get and boost if i go wot from 1st threw the gears please help if its a boost leak please tell me where to look ive tighted all the clamps i can see. please help thank u.

also how much gas pedal do u guys have to give to get in to boost i ve to give it like 1/4 to 1/3 gas to get boost if this means anything

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thank u what r the main places i can check boost leak. is there any hidden hose that u can see that cause boost leak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wheres th e outlet pipe on the turbo under the turbo heat shield. im new to turbo cars i been a na tuner soso please bare with my my newbie ?s

· 90T
1,691 Posts
The pipe in question is hard to get to. Remove the accordion pipe so you can undo the top clamp. Then slide underneath the car and remove the lower clamp and bracket. Pull it off while 16 years worth of black goo falls on your head. Enjoy! By the way, that pipe is something like $90 from Champion, so don't buy it unless you really need it.

The clogged cat is a good thought too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool thank u can u give me the link for the boost leak tester im not good with the serach thing i doupt its the cat i passed smog like 2 weeks ago when i bought it

· Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
17,317 Posts
could still be clogged cat. It coulda helped you pass smog if anything. I had this issue on my 7M when I first got it. I smogged the car with flying colors but the car was slow as hell. boosting very little. ended up not being any boost leak anywhere but the cat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
took the cat off and ran open pipe after the dp boost when up to 5psi 1st gear 5 psi 2nd gear 5.8 psi 3rd gear 6 psi 4 gear didnt take it in 5th . should boost be hight with out cat and exhaust with stock dp or is that about right. or do i still have a boost leak

· Registered
1,077 Posts
thats about right if ur on stock downpipe and everything. if u dont feel like buying a test pipe or w/e. just bash out the internals of your cat. on the other end.. my car is making too much boost and i cant turn it down because i never had anything to turn it up!! DDP is owning me right now..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.