Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for another "I can't start my car" thread, but after doing a search, I have not found an issue similar to mine.

91T' Supra, modified, has been running fine. I had to leave it sitting for a few weeks. I try to start it earlier this morning, nothing. No turning over, no clicking. I cleaned the terminals, the battery, even "borrowed"(He was asleep) my roommate's near brand new battery out of his car, same deal. Interesting thing is, when the door is open, the door open light on the dashboard is on, not faint, looks fine. When putting in the key, with the door open, the "ding ding" sounds comes through fine as well. When I have had a dead battery before, this sound was very faint, or nonexistant. Headlights raise up and light up fine. The small lights on the bottom of the doors also light up fine. However, nothing else does. The wipers, tailights (when pressing breaks), clock, cd player, turn signals, do not work. Power locks, windows, also do not work. Checked all the fuses, found the ignition one under the steering wheel burnt out, replaced it, nogo. Even tried jumpstarting and locking/unlocking doors from outside to reset alarm, nothing. Running out of ideas, any help would be appreciated. If any questions on specifics, please ask, I will do my best.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
check your ground on the starter as it may have finially kicked the bucket and not giving the starter a good ground.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Xyndail said:
Will check once I get back, thanks
Try running a new temporary wire from the positive of the battery terminal to the starter positive turn-on wire. It has a small plastic clip that you can disconnect. This should activate the starter. If it doesn't do anything, you might need a new starter. If it does turn over, replace the old wire connector to the starter with a spade connector. Mine got curroded and this worked for me.

Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts