Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, me and my dad were fixing my fuel pump situation this morning, and were looking in the chilton repair manual and found that there is a plug by the airflow meter that u can short out and should run the pump telling u that it is ok. The Pump tested out fine and we tried to start it with the wire still in the plug, a noise came from the engine and it started fodding itself, and stalled, we started it again and it ran, flodding itself greatly, and wouldn't reach 4000 rpm and didn't even have enough power to move.
Could the cold start injector be stuck open flodding the engine, what the hell is wrong with my car!
HELP ME PLEASE I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE MY CAR FOR OVER A MONTH!

·
Registered
251 Posts
here is the only response I got from the mk2 forum

Joe~
Sounds JUST like what my car was doing recently, but
it was caused A. by a missing ground wire, they have
that. But it sounds like they have their distrib. of
one tooth, symptoms sound the same... worth a check.
Jared

--- toyota4555 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Here is a direct copy and paste from
> supraforums.com, this guys needs
> help, and our list is the place to get it! I don't
> have a clue what
> is wrong!
>
>
> joe
>
>
> "hey all, me and my dad were fixing my fuel pump
> situation this
> morning, and were looking in the chilton repair
> manual and found that
> there is a plug by the airflow meter that u can
> short out and should
> run the pump telling u that it is ok. The Pump
> tested out fine and we
> tried to start it with the wire still in the plug, a
> noise came from
> the engine and it started fodding itself, and
> stalled, we started it
> again and it ran, flodding itself greatly, and
> wouldn't reach 4000
> rpm and didn't even have enough power to move.
> Could the cold start injector be stuck open flodding
> the engine, what
> the hell is wrong with my car!
> HELP ME PLEASE I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE MY CAR
> FOR OVER A MONTH!"
>
>

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
From my experience on the MkII list over the past years you're more likely to get a response if you ask your own questions.

Hope that helps. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for your help guys, i got my car working turns out that the air flow meter was reading that the car was at full throttle all the time. now my oil has alot of gas in it so i'm going to do an oil change tomorow.

Hey another question, my fuel pump only comes on when it wants to, but comes on with the fuel pump checker. If I run the car with the wire still in the fuel pump check thing , or rewire the pump so it comes on with a switch on the dash would it screw anything up?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
canadian mkii owner

Hey, I have had a similar problem with my mkII, and I also fixed it by leaving the jumper wire in the fuel pump test thingy next to the afm. So far I havent noticed any ill effects. I am a little concerned that leaving it wired like that will burn the pump out eventually, since it is bypassing the ignition switch, but so far so good. Looking back at this post it probably isnt much help, but my car hasn't blown up or left me stranded. Post here if you figure it out, man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts