Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My name is Tyler. I am an avid car enthusiast with an extensive knowledge of Toyota and Nissan products.

I wanted to do a Q&A to discuss the newest info that I’ve been receiving about the 2020 GR Supra. I figured everyone here would be keen on having a source of information coming directly from the retail side of the Toyota brand.

As most of you know the preliminary release date has been around late July for quite some time. Today we received a live update from corporate in the form of a live feed with some jibber jabber from home office and Ryan Tuerck doing donuts in the paddock of Circuit of the Americas.

With that said the first deliveries will be taking place during the week of JULY 22ND! This date was confirmed by home office and reiterated to us via live stream earlier yesterday morning.

The car looks absolutely stunning to say the least. We were given a full run down of features and specs. I also found out that Toyota North America has already begun training for our service techs as of early last week.

Let’s continue the discussion - Please feel free to post your questions and concerns and I will see what my knowledge can cover thus far. I will try to respond as fast and thoroughly as possible.

- Ty

·
Boost Junkie
12,694 Posts
Good thing that they are training the techs. You'll be seeing that car in the service bays a lot.

Steve

·
Registered
762 Posts
Exciting news!

So, the techs are being certified by BMW to work on the Supras, yes?

From what I heard, there was a scarce number of techs that are actually certified to work on the A90... I'm basing off the Mirai, where not all Toyota dealerships could service it because, there had to be a certified tech for that vehicle, correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I am the Supra tech at my dealer. Only training I have received is an online web module. I will be going to a week long class at south east Toyota headquarters in Jacksonville fl. No class date at this time. Also heard bmw is not allowed to work on the mkv.

Reactions: tylergray

·
Banned
618 Posts
Hey Tyler, welcome!

Do you know what factory service tools (specifically ECU access) Toyota will use for the A90? Correct me if im wrong, but the Toyota standard tool currently is TechStream....however, because the ECM is BMW sourced, will it also use BMW's tool or a modified version of TechStream?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am the Supra tech at my dealer. Only training I have received is an online web module. I will be going to a week long class at south east Toyota headquarters in Jacksonville fl. No class date at this time. Also heard bmw is not allowed to work on the mkv.
Interesting. What do you mean by "not allowed." Like... they can't stop dealers from doing work, can they?

·
Administrator
9,290 Posts
Toyota Service writers live feed of being notified they will be servicing the a90...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey @tylergray, are you able to confirm any of the info I have attached below on packages, accessories, performance features, safety features and luxury/convenience features? Good to see your info is consistent with what I already have in this thread: Supra Order Tracking Thread in the Price/Orders/Tracking section.

a90-packages.jpg

a90-features.jpg

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I believe for anything warranty/recall related only Toyota can service it. I can promise you the car is hated here. A lot of animosity towards Toyota. We don’t know how to work on nor do we want to work on a shitty bmw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to reiterate as this post confirms, information is slow coming. Certain details I cannot oblige because of policy. But what is quoted is correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you a paying sponsor?
No, I am not a paying sponsor, I will redact that information. I don't want to seem like I am speaking from a promotional standpoint. I have edited so that I am not encroaching on forum rules. I am strictly an enthusiast who happens to be close enough to give a heads up to those who are interested :) I cant answer all questions, nor speak on behalf of my employer, but I'll do my best under the guidelines I have for what information is readily accessible and available.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Very peculiar, I wasn't able to access this thread earlier when I was notified by tapatalk that someone was posting. Now I can.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts